Club VCS Creator Space

Sabertooth

On this episode of #XpressO, 5-Minute #Atari2600 #GameReviews, it's another #DeepDive!! For #Halloween! This game is based on the popular #horror #film series Halloween, starring #MichaelMyers. In this game, you play a #babysitter escaping a knife-wielding murderer who is out to get you and 5 kids who you are tasked with protecting. How does this game fare 40 years later?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpv4cNW9LgQ

xpo39_halloween_pic.jpg

On this old-skool episode of #NoFilter, #8bitbubba is back! He's here to cause general social mischief & play 5 new #homebrew #games on the #atarivcs! These are: #StrikeZoneBowling, #ARTI 7800, #GamePanic3 #ParcelSuccess, #ZPH The Game & #EXO 7800! Bubba also plays #Cloud9 on the #Atari #GamestationPro by #MyArcade! To top things off, he tells 2 real-life #horror stories (both coincidentally involving ex-wives!) and, yes, even a dose of 8-Bit Bubba's "Howl-O-Ween Edition!" Oh boy. It's a surefire mess you don't wanna miss, with some cool games to boot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7Vo6SRHiA

nofilter73_happyhomebrewhalloween_pic.png

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // On this #AtariNewsline #Halloween update, @atari buys @DigitalEclipse, it's 2nd major studio #acquisition this year! Let's read the #pressrelease! Is this a good move for both companies? Let's discuss! I want to hear your thoughts down below about this major #gaming industry #news! Is an #Atari50 Part 2 in the works? Watch my awesome Halloween content this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFo498ef8e0

ANL_ATARIBUYSDE_PIC.png

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // On this #Massive #Atari #Update: #Atari #Club #Jackets! #DarkChambers 2600 on #AtariXP (preorders up now!), new @Atari watch faces, #Jagzombies on #AtariVCS + Is the #ZipCode issue finally fixed for #VCS users? Stay tuned for all the latest, only here on #atarinewsline !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r98HU7WJwvE

anl_bigupdate_pic.png

On this episode of #NoFilterHD, I play #BlooKid 1 & 2 by @winterworks ! On the #AtariVCS! You play Bloo Kid out to rescue his loved ones from the baddies! Through many worlds & levels! These 2 #games are fun #platformers reminscent of #SuperMarioBros or #SMB3, they're fun! And they have their own unique #charm & #character! Awesome #platforming fun on the #VCS! Let me know if you enjoyed these games! I give commentary while playing the #game for the first time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g6cZ7Me--c

nofilter74_blookid_pic.png

Playing Yar's Revenge (2011) on Steam via the Atari VCS in PC-Mode using a bootable thumb drive with Windows 11.   This game was only released on PC and XBOX 360. The stock 8GB VCS handled it easily after some legacy driver updates, even while recording.  

I completely missed this game when it was released as I was/am a Playstation user.  Its a complete re-imagining of the Yars' Revenge lore and has very little in common with the 2600 game other than the re-use of familiar terms: Q'otile, Zorlon Cannon, etc.  They also put the apostrophe in the wrong place for this outing, which I just can't get used to.  Still, it's a colorful on-rails shooter that gives me strong Panzer Dragoon vibes.  Worth a look if your curious.

On this episode of #NoFilterHD, I play #rollercoastertycoon #adventures #deluxe! by @Atari & @GraphiteLab! This is the 2023 version of the popular #amusementpark building #game! In part 1, I play 'Christy's' first #tutorial. I place #rides, #restaurants, #decor & more! Will the park thrive on my first time playing the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTkLU-EdfLw

nofilter75roller2.jpg

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // On this #AtariNewsline update, it's confirmed! Rob Jaeger (legendary creator of #montezumasrevenge returns to #BCB to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his #game! (And it's also now on the #AtariVCS!) Plus: #Berzerkrecharged is coming out this week! Stay tuned 4 coverage! And: #Atari2600Plus ships Nov 17th! Are you ready? @ethacade stops by for some Atari Biz Chat! Including their recent purchase of #DigitalEclipse! All this & more on #Atari #Newsline !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL68QFveRJE

ANL_ROBJNEWS_PIC.png

6 hours ago, Ballistik said:

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // On this #AtariNewsline update, #BerzerkRecharged is OUT NOW for #AtariVCS & major consoles! Let's see the new #game #trailer! Plus: Missing #games from the #AtariVCS store? Which are they, and what happened? Let's discuss! Only on #Atari #newsline! 

Hey BCB,

I commented on the video, but also check out the topic here for some additional context, including a video posted by Davpa. Glad that they resolved it and Alien Abduction is back in the store.

18 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Hey BCB,

I commented on the video, but also check out the topic here for some additional context, including a video posted by Davpa. Glad that they resolved it and Alien Abduction is back in the store.

Thanks! I'll update this on a future newsline 😉 I appreciate it! Glad its back too!

On this episode of #NoFilterHD, I continue playing #rollercoastertycoon Adventures Deluxe by @atari & @GraphiteLab on the #NintendoSwitch! In this part 2, I begin placing #Atari specific #games, #rides & more! I place the #AtariVCS Cafe, the #Tempest ride, #Asteroids ride, #skatingrink & much, much more! (Near the end of this part, the Switch begins to skip frame rates & I quit the game. Upon restart later, the issue went away, but just FYI that the Switch gave me these issues after 2 hrs of play. NOT an issue with the game, as a friend played it on the Xbox and it performed flawlessly.) What do u think?

21 minutes ago, Ballistik said:

On this episode of #NoFilterHD, I continue playing #rollercoastertycoon Adventures Deluxe by @atari & @GraphiteLab on the #NintendoSwitch! In this part 2, I begin placing #Atari specific #games, #rides & more! I place the #AtariVCS Cafe, the #Tempest ride, #Asteroids ride, #skatingrink & much, much more! (Near the end of this part, the Switch begins to skip frame rates & I quit the game. Upon restart later, the issue went away, but just FYI that the Switch gave me these issues after 2 hrs of play. NOT an issue with the game, as a friend played it on the Xbox and it performed flawlessly.) What do u think?

Funny that there is a VCS cafe when they couldn't bother with a port.  Just sayin'!

7 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Funny that there is a VCS cafe when they couldn't bother with a port.  Just sayin'!

Good point, but my guess is that it might run too poorly. Even on my new Switch OLED, this game stutters after 1.5 hours of gameplay as the video shows, its disappointing and you need to restart I guess (it auto saves) but on my friends XBOX it works flawlessly. NOT the game, but the hardware. The Switch is severely underpowered even for this game. The game is beautiful and well made, to be sure, but Switch just ain't cuttin' it. I'm guessing the VCS may act the same since the Switch is more powerful architecture.

BB

On this episode of #NoFilterHD, I play #BerzerkRecharged by @Atari & @sneakybox! It's a fun new take on the old classic #game, #Berzerk, by #AlanMcNeil! In this one, there's a completely new redesign by Sneakybox & Atari, a great musical score by @MeganMcDuffee & tons of achievement and mission modes! What do I think? Tune in tonight @ 7 pm MDT to find out! And... Don't Forget... CHICKEN. FIGHT LIKE A ROBOT!!!!

4 hours ago, Ballistik said:

Good point, but my guess is that it might run too poorly. Even on my new Switch OLED, this game stutters after 1.5 hours of gameplay as the video shows, its disappointing and you need to restart I guess (it auto saves) but on my friends XBOX it works flawlessly. NOT the game, but the hardware. The Switch is severely underpowered even for this game. The game is beautiful and well made, to be sure, but Switch just ain't cuttin' it. I'm guessing the VCS may act the same since the Switch is more powerful architecture.

BB

i'm going to guess the developer's scope didn't include the VCS. Interestingly, Tony Barnes has said that the VCS is more powerful than the Switch and that BPM wouldn't run on it as is - it will have to be 30 FPS instead of 60.

I may try RCT in PC-Mode via Steam. I've been messing around a bit with it and I'm surprised what runs.

Edited by Sabertooth

11 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

i'm going to guess the developer's scope didn't include the VCS. Interestingly, Tony Barnes has said that the VCS is more powerful than the Switch and that BPM wouldn't run on it as is - it will have to be 30 FPS instead of 60.

I may try RCT in PC-Mode via Steam. I've been messing around a bit with it and I'm surprised what runs.

oh wow! I'm not surprised haha the switch is severely underpowered, and i have the oled model i got new when it came out, so maybe it CAN run better on the VCS? Thank you my friend

Premiering Monday 11/13/23 @ 10 am MST: On this episode of #ThatAtariShow, @ethacade joins us to discuss the @DigitalEclipse & @atari deal: good move? Also: A preview of my upcoming interview w/ #RobJaeger, celebrating 40 years of #MontezumasRevenge! (and the #AtariVCS #game release!), #Atari #GamestationPro #Reviews are in! What do u think? #atari2600plus is almost out! I look at some cool content creators in #CreatorSpace, the #AtariLynx #Handycast #Podcast is back!, #BerzerkRecharged is out! #AtariST #Game #Catalog on #BookNook, #DigDug #gamereview for the Atari #8bit Computer & much more!

https://youtu.be/_rRPy1U3Sa0?si=LKvlTyWrd_pIUwvY

TAS56_ETHACADE_GSP_PIC3.png

Premiering Wed, Nov 15 @ 10 am MST: #AtariNewsline #Developer #Spotlight Vol. 5: #RobJaeger! "I'm with Pedro." Celebrating 40 Years of #MontezumasRevenge & more! Full #interview & career #retrospective. Only on #BCB! Your #1 source for #Atari #Gaming #News!

Click: https://youtu.be/Sm5rAZYTK-o

ANL_DEVSPOT5_ROBJAEGER_PIC.png

Edited by Ballistik

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // On this #AtariNewsline update, @Atari has dropped new 2023 #Holiday #Gift #Guides! These include the #atari2600plus, #Berzerk Enhanced, awesome #Atari #tees & #merch, plus #PCB #Arcade boards, #speakerhats, #AtariVCS consoles & more! Orders over $150 - instant free #shipping! Let's take a peek!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muaL4BUo-sk

ANL_ATARIGIFTGUIDES_PIC.png

9 hours ago, Ballistik said:

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // On this #AtariNewsline update, @Atari has dropped new 2023 #Holiday #Gift #Guides! These include the #atari2600plus, #Berzerk Enhanced, awesome #Atari #tees & #merch, plus #PCB #Arcade boards, #speakerhats, #AtariVCS consoles & more! Orders over $150 - instant free #shipping! Let's take a peek!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muaL4BUo-sk

ANL_ATARIGIFTGUIDES_PIC.png

Nice video! I’ve already ordered the long sleeve T, Asteroids sweatshirt and Asteroids desktop art.