Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

What else do you collect?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,003 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:05 AM

I don't have that one.

If you'd like it, please PM me.  We can either come up with a trade, or I'm happy just to give it to you for the cost of shipping.

• Lost Dragon and kamakazi20012 like this

#22 LimaTek

LimaTek

Cherry Member

• 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

I like to collect all sorts of different things!

Since I come from two separate backgrounds (Animation and Computer Science), I kind of mish-mosh what I collect...

1. I have a camera collection, from vacuum tube cameras to medium format and 35mm cameras.  My oldest is from 1909 and still works!

Cameras
  More Cameras

2.  I collect a lot of vintage computers, from Apple II, Apple S/E, Amiga, Commodore, etc...

Vintage Macintosh Computers

3. I collect a ton of animated films on different mediums! I have old Disney films on super 8mm / 8mm, 16mm and 35mm, I also have a huge collection of a completely dead format called SelectaVision or CEDs.  Which is basically home video on records!  They predate VHS I believe. I have a ton of animated films, Disney films and rare finds in this collection

CEDs and Player
Winnie the Pooh on CED
Star Wars on CED
More CEDs
Even more CEDs

4. I restore and collect (liberally) old stereo amplifiers.  Since they're big, heavy and hard to place in the house, I only have a select few.  I usually restore and sell them afterwards
Innards of a stereo
Restored stereo amp
Close up of restored stereo amp

5. One thing that is odd that I like to collect are energy efficient computers and newer ways to use a computer.  The image below is an Intel Compute Stick.  It's a fully featured intel based computer, quadcore, 2GB of RAM and 32GB solid state that uses maybe about 2 watts of power and is slightly larger than a USB stick.  I also use Raspberry Pi a lot.  Sometimes I'm on this forum on a Raspberry Pi.
This is (seriously) a Desktop

6. *inhales* LASTLY, I collect animation cells from various shows.  I have some from He-Man, Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, among some Don Bluth and Disney cells, like Snow White, Little Nemo, All Dogs go to Heaven, Sword in the Stone, etc. (These I have no images of because they're in storage...)

Edited by LimaTek, 23 June 2016 - 01:18 PM.

• RickR, StormSurge, jmjustin6 and 1 other like this

#23 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,003 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

Really cool stuff LimaTek. 

• LimaTek likes this

#24 LimaTek

LimaTek

Cherry Member

• 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

Really cool stuff LimaTek. 

Thanks RickR!
It's just a lot of crap I've collected over the years since I was 18. :)  It's fun to collect stuff, but I don't like hording.  If it's something I no longer use or want, I'll usually sell it or give it away to someone who would want it.

I keep telling my wife that someday we need to find a house with a basement so I can turn it into a retro romp room.  Shag carpets, old plaid couch, some lava lamps, wood paneling on just about everything, an old knob television; the works.  Alas, someday...

• RickR likes this

#25 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,003 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

I keep telling my wife that someday we need to find a house with a basement so I can turn it into a retro romp room.  Shag carpets, old plaid couch, some lava lamps, wood paneling on just about everything, an old knob television; the works.  Alas, someday...

YES!  I have the same dream.  I'll pass on the old TV, but otherwise absolutely. 

• LimaTek likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users