Gaming Resolutions 2017

Sabertooth

Happy 2017 Atari.io! It's resolution time!

I don't know if anyone else does this but over the last few years, in addition to recommitting to working out and eating better, I also set gaming goals for the year. These have ranged from starting a YouTube channel to beating a certain game. And like my healthy living goals, these gaming resolutions are frequently abandoned by February. :)

This year, my Gaming Resolution is to spend at least two hours with each of my Atari Jaguar games and keep a gaming journal - perhaps a blog - with my impressions on each one. I have a complete retail collection, the post-JTS releases from Telegames and Songbird, and several homebrews so this will end up being quite a commitment. The point of this resolution is to spend more time gaming and less time just collecting.

What's your Gaming Resolution for 2017? It can be any gaming related goal that you'd like to accomplish in the new year. Share below!

Edited by atarilbc

Amazing stuff and can't wait to see what you come up with.

My gaming resolution for 2017 is to take my YouTube channel a bit more serious. Maybe stop using my cell for everything and start editing on a simple lap top with a simple editor. Create more often and on a schedule. Build up and work on the Milieu Macabre part of my pages.

As far as collecting:

Focus on 2600/7800 carts 

Find a Tele-Games Heavy 6'r

Find a 7800 console

Build up a Coleco library

Find a Tele-Games Super Video Arcade and build on that library. Mainly because its a sexy unit! 

My checking account got hacked over the holiday weekend (showing -32K) and they are working on it, but once that is clear I am going hog wild looking for 2600/7800 carts. Well within reason anyway!!!!   

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

Thanks for sharing @AtariCreep! Those are some great gaming goals. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with the YouTube channel!

Also, sorry to hear about your hacked checking account. That happened to my wife a few years back. Hopefully they are able to sort it out quickly!

Sorry to hear about that hacked bank account!  What a headache that is.  Good luck in getting that resolved, my friend. 

I'm going to keep my resolutions simple.  I want to find the time to play Resident Evil 4, which I'm told is one of the very best games.  On PS2.  And also to complete the various projects I have going in the garage (not easy, since it's cold out there).  Clean up, fix up, and sell what I don't use.  Once those are done, I'll come up with the next resolution.. 

Wow!  Great resolutions.  

There are a few things I would like to try to accomplish for 2017.

• Import/Pick Up a Famicom with Salamander and Gradius II.
  • Finish restoring the N64 I recently acquired (remove scratches, get memory expansion, replace cover)
  • Get more games for the N64 (currently have only one game)
  • Pick-Up A Wii
  • Get some games for Wii
  • Renovate my game room area by replacing/upgrading some shelves and other storage products

Thanks to my wife, members here at Atari.IO, and a few others, my collection of Atari games has grown larger than I had imagined.  I still plan to keep getting Atari games for a while in 2017 but there are a few consoles I would like to pick up like a Famicom and SuperNES/SuperFC.  I have a couple of systems in my collection I am wanting to remove from my collection for the simple fact that I never use them with the Tandy/Memorex VIS being one of them.  Cool to look at but I'd rather use the space for something I will use often.  I don't need set-top boxes that I have no reason to play.  

This year I plan to concentrate on consoles I don't have and what I do have working on games for them when they have just one or two games.  I get games to play them so if they are new you can expect me to open them.

Some resolutions for 2017:

- Shift more focus to collection display and away from collection expansion.  Too much stuff of mine is hidden away in drawers!

- Complete and share some of the infosheets I've been working on.  Closest one to being ready is a list/table of confirmed Atari/Sears instruction manuals.

- Finish a few work-in-progress articles for the IO blog.

- Keep my sale/trade/want list more up to date.  Done!  For now, anyway...

- Track my collection more effectively.  Also done! (2600) / (5200) / (7800)  Now just have to keep it current...

- Find and share a photo of me dressed as Pac-Man for Halloween 1987 or thereabouts.

- Attempt to register an official world record on an Atari game.  Yars' Revenge, maybe?

Sorry about the bank account! Hope that gets fixed soon!

-Help my game room lose weight. I would like to shrink my collection by at least 100 games when the year is done

-Finish off my reviews for the 7800

-clean up and sell my extra NES and 7800 systems

-Get at least three weeks ahead of schedule with my YouTube videos

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

My biggest resolution is to get back in the retro vendor game more in 2016.  

I really want to get back out to doing at least 10-15 garage sales per week (a good amount in my area.)

I'm trying to improve on what was a great Retropalooza last year with a much more limited budget for stock. (see above)

I need to stop being eBay lazy, meaning I need to move some old stock on eBay and convert the proceeds to new stock.

I've got some units that need love that I have been putting off getting fixed up. 

I'm also looking to improve on our performance at the next Houston Arcade Expo.

All that sounds like business goals, but they generally go hand in hand with my involvement in the hobby.   Obviously, I will be growing my Intellivision collection, but I'm at a point now where I can't predict if, or when I will find the titles I need.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square