Sign in to follow this  
StormSurge

Star Wars

HUGE Star Wars nerd here, and of course I'm stoked!

Heck, I'm stoked for the new Star Wars Battlefronts.   :)

I've been pleased with how J.J. has handled Star Trek, so I think that the franchise is now in capable hands.

I spent a lot of time last weekend playing the beta for Battlefront and it was a BLAST! I can't wait for it to fully release. There will be a day of hooky in my future for sure.

I agree completely about it being in capable hands. It's little things like this that excite me greatly:

(The image on the left is a concept drawing by Ralph McQuarrie from Empire & on the right is a Force Awakens Snowtrooper. Such a cool homage that is unnecessary but is eaten up by people like me.)

post-754-0-88806200-1444831446_thumb.jpg

Is that a new Death Star?

Not quite, I THINK -

Starkiller Base was an ice planet converted into a stronghold of the First Order.[2] The base was commanded by General Hux,[1] and armed with a destructive weapon capable of destroying entire star systems.[2]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Starkiller_Base

I've been trying (& failing) to purchase my tickets all night. Anyone try & have good luck yet?

I was trying to check the showtimes for the Back to the Future on wednesday thru Fandango and the site wouldn't load. Then I just found out the Star Wars tickets were released............figures! 

I hope that jar jar isn't in this one. Man that character is horrible.

I don't think you have to worry about that.  :)

Even Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams had it out for Jar Jar, he recently told Vanity Fair.

"I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks' bones in the desert there," Abrams told the publication. "I'm serious! Only three people will notice, but they'll love it."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/8/8572927/star-wars-kill-jar-jar-jj-abrams