Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Yea same thing happened here last year. The last "Play N' Trade" went out of business here and was sad. It was the only game shop near me. Next one is an hour away. But hey now you have an opportunity to get what you can from the shop. What kind of display stuff do they have? Any system boxes around the store? When play n trade closed I got some lighted signs and like 20 empty console boxes for really cheap! Was so happy, but sad I cant go back and talk games for hours with the manager. But yes I would definitely look into what they have in the shop. 

39 minutes ago, jmjustin6 said:

Yea same thing happened here last year. The last "Play N' Trade" went out of business here and was sad. It was the only game shop near me. Next one is an hour away. But hey now you have an opportunity to get what you can from the shop. What kind of display stuff do they have? Any system boxes around the store? When play n trade closed I got some lighted signs and like 20 empty console boxes for really cheap! Was so happy, but sad I cant go back and talk games for hours with the manager. But yes I would definitely look into what they have in the shop. 

They don't have any displays or anything like that.  It's the kind of place that mostly sells DVD and vinyl, and they have posters and pop culture stuff.  And games.  Mostly loose games.  So for the most part, finding good games was hit and miss, but the prices were always fair.

On that Odyssey power adapter, you're gonna have a hard time finding one.  Your best bet is to find out the volts and amps and find an aftermarket one. 

12 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

Loose games, good or bad, are always good for trades.  Let me know if you find Tunnel Runner for the 2600 there.

I usually do buy the 2600 games I consider "uncommon" if they have them for this very reason.  But I did not see a Tunnel Runner.  I did grab "Demons to Diamonds" and "Amidar" last time, if you happen to need those. 

12 hours ago, jmjustin6 said:

Oh ok i thought it was a full on video game store. Well either way it's a shame they are closing. I hope you have another game shop close to you

There is a new store that has gone in to one of the locations of the chain that's closing,  I haven't been yet because I'm a loser (and too busy).  It's called "Sidequest Games" and it's totally game based.  I'll go check it out at some point. 

A very good day yesterday.  I found a bunch of good stuff as seen below.

2060528506_thriftstore001.thumb.JPG.9ea577f131306dbff9dc7c79e339456b.JPG

Check out this incredible Pac Man record I found.  Copyright is 1980.  I mostly bought it just for the artwork on the sleeve.  Overall, in poor condition, but it will look nice on my game room shelf.

641557854_thriftstore002.thumb.JPG.77d3e8de86cca4d3e85d5fe17898bede.JPG

565036_thriftstore003.thumb.JPG.282f3869bfb483bf674b4e5cbeaadf0a.JPG

The Imagic games were a really lucky find, as I had those two games' boxes in very bad shape and with no plastic insert.  So I created my own cardboard inserts and cleaned them up as best I could.  And now I've got 5 boxed Imagic titles. 

802846191_thriftstore005.thumb.JPG.cae87de9001076e3a0691033b272f12e.JPG

1794782883_thriftstore004.thumb.JPG.4294431d6d43672e61bbe257ae0b7c29.JPG

476829857_thriftstore007.thumb.JPG.b51b6d295409a660e51c63f6be4b8394.JPG

48 minutes ago, RickR said:

The Imagic games were a really lucky find, as I had those two games' boxes in very bad shape and with no plastic insert.  So I created my own cardboard inserts and cleaned them up as best I could.  And now I've got 5 boxed Imagic titles. 

You got the QVC Activision 10-in-1 TV Games Plug-n-Play controller (QVC exclusive grey) that was first offered back in 2001!  Nice score - too bad you didn't get the generic box it came in too.

Really nice Imagic boxes there too!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Nice finds.  I use to have that Pac-Man album when I was a kid.  I played that thing to death.  Very nice find on the LP.  I wonder if it plays at all or if it could be cleaned up to play decent?  The album I had was a picture disc that looked like the circle image on the back of the sleeve.

I stand corrected.  After doing some research the records were different.  I did have a Pac-Man album from that company though.  Just not the same one LOL.

Edited by kamakazi20012

12 minutes ago, kamakazi20012 said:

Nice finds.  I use to have that Pac-Man album when I was a kid.  I played that thing to death.  Very nice find on the LP.  I wonder if it plays at all or if it could be cleaned up to play decent?  The album I had was a picture disc that looked like the circle image on the back of the sleeve.

I stand corrected.  After doing some research the records were different.  I did have a Pac-Man album from that company though.  Just not the same one LOL.

The record itself is in good condition.  It would play just fine, and I may dig out a turntable to try it later.  The sleeve is kind of creased up a bit though, but not too bad. 

25 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

You got the QVC Activision 10-in-1 TV Games Plug-n-Play controller (QVC exclusive grey) that was first offered back in 2001!  Nice score - too bad you didn't get the generic box it came in too.

Really nice Imagic boxes there too!

Good to know, thanks!  I just tried it out with fresh batteries and it work just fine. 

I also checked, and that's a standard Atlantis cart -- not Atlantis II :) 

Just now, RickR said:

Good to know, thanks!  I just tried it out with fresh batteries and it work just fine. 

I also checked, and that's a standard Atlantis cart -- not Atlantis II :) 

QVC box will look like this:

qvc-activision10-in-1.jpg

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

On 10/10/2019 at 9:02 PM, kamakazi20012 said:

Loose games, good or bad, are always good for trades.  Let me know if you find Tunnel Runner for the 2600 there.

I have "Tunnel Runner" for the A2600. Unfortunately, I need it for my collection. I bought it one time when I was living with my folks a few years back. Fun game. Very detailed for an A2600 game. I like it. :)

On 10/13/2019 at 12:16 PM, RickR said:

Check out this incredible Pac Man record I found.  Copyright is 1980.  I mostly bought it just for the artwork on the sleeve.  Overall, in poor condition, but it will look nice on my game room shelf.

641557854_thriftstore002.thumb.JPG.77d3e8de86cca4d3e85d5fe17898bede.JPG

565036_thriftstore003.thumb.JPG.282f3869bfb483bf674b4e5cbeaadf0a.JPG

802846191_thriftstore005.thumb.JPG.cae87de9001076e3a0691033b272f12e.JPG

1794782883_thriftstore004.thumb.JPG.4294431d6d43672e61bbe257ae0b7c29.JPG

476829857_thriftstore007.thumb.JPG.b51b6d295409a660e51c63f6be4b8394.JPG

FANTASTIC scores all around.

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

Today's finds

A Tomy robot from the 80's.

A breast pump plug that is perfect for the NES. Lol. 

A PS2 game

And a probably-bad plug & play. 

NOTE to @Arenafoot:  They also had Arena Football for PS2, and I almost bought it.  But the disk was scratched, and I knew it probably would not work.  

20191020_184928.jpg

Edited by RickR

13 hours ago, jmjustin6 said:

That robot is awesome rick

I haven't had time to test it, and I think it's supposed to come with a remote control.  But I don't care if it works, I think this is an item that will look really nice on a shelf.  I just need to spend some time cleaning it up.