My house is burning down

LeeJ07

Well, here's a list of my consoles. I won't ask for much, though. This is just what I owned.

Atari 2600 (Light Sixer) 
Atari 2600 (4 Switch) 
Atari 2600 Jr. 
Bandai WonderSwan Color 
Mattel Children's Discovery System 
Mattel Intellivision 
Microsoft XBox 
Microsoft XBox 360 
Nintendo Entertainment System 
Nintendo 64 
Nintendo Wii 
Nintendo Wii U 
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP 
Nintendo New 3DS XL 
Nintendo Switch 
Sega Genesis 
Sega Dreamcast 
Sony Playstation 
Sony PSOne 
Sony Playstation 2 
Sony Playstation 2 Slim 
Sony PSP

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

11 hours ago, Atari Creep said:

I am SOOOOOOO sorry it took me this long to get to it but I hope this helps buddy.

The shoutout means a lot, man. 

I do have some good news to share. 

We already have our new house lined up. Should only be a little while till we'll have our new place.

On 9/27/2019 at 9:07 AM, LeeJ07 said:

Well, here's a list of my consoles. I won't ask for much, though. This is just what I owned.

Atari 2600 (Light Sixer) 
Atari 2600 (4 Switch) 
Atari 2600 Jr. 
Bandai WonderSwan Color 
Mattel Children's Discovery System 
Mattel Intellivision 
Microsoft XBox 
Microsoft XBox 360 
Nintendo Entertainment System 
Nintendo 64 
Nintendo Wii 
Nintendo Wii U 
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP 
Nintendo New 3DS XL 
Nintendo Switch 
Sega Genesis 
Sega Dreamcast 
Sony Playstation 
Sony PSOne 
Sony Playstation 2 
Sony Playstation 2 Slim 
Sony PSP

Well, let's see:

No, no, no, no, never heard of it, no but have games for one, no (but rebuilding one if I can find the parts for it), no, no, no, no, no, no, no, man that was a newer system :( , no, got a second one around here somewhere, no spares, I have a PSOne will see if I can find it, no, no, and no (I'm looking for one for myself).  

I have a few duplicate 2600 games (like three) that should get you started.  I'm still searching for the Dreamcast and one controller.  You will be on your own for the AV cable because I only have one cable and I need it.  It will come with a game.  I don't have spare memory cards, though.  I have a few INTV games I have no use for.  I'm still repairing my car so once that is done I get my funds built up again I'll see what I can send.  When I'm ready I'll PM you.

Another update. 

Insurance got with Dad today. We're getting $70k for everything.

Well, everything but my collection. Alas, it wasn't factored into the payout, so I'm on my own with rebuilding.

However, the fine folks over at RFGeneration have announced that they're starting a drive to chip in and help out, and I feel so grateful.

Wow I am sorry to hear this bud. I dont know what I would do if this happened to me. I have some double 2600 games I can send you. I can look around and see what else I might have. Glad you and your family are ok. Please take the advice of all here and if you dont think the insurance company has done enough on their part dont let them

Edited by jmjustin6

Homeowner's insurance is suppose to cover everything, EVERYTHING, in the house at the time of disaster.  That includes your game collection.  I'd fight them for the remaining amount of what your collection is worth based on current values it would take to replace them even if it means taking them to court.  I'd take the time to seriously sit down and read your insurance policy and see what it says is covered.  If they are allowing the replacement of electronic items like TVs and such then video games are included as well because those are electronics.

Print out your collection at RF Generation then go to Price Charting and get an average value of every single item on your list and write it beside each item on that printed list.  Then I would seek out some kind of legal advice, one that is free or very cheap to make sure you have a case.  You may have to get firm, in a polite way, to get the remaining value of your collection.  Insurance companies always try to get away with as little as possible because they never want to pay any more than they have to.  

I'm not trying to start a ruff but something just doesn't sound right about your insurance.  I'm glad you got $70k.  That's a plus.  And it really is more important that you and your family are all out alive.    

Lee, I'm so sorry to hear this. I just saw Creep's video today.

As someone who gave away EVERYTHING from my childhood & have since rebuilt a lot of it, you won't notice one bit of difference when playing the classic games you remember. You'll only remember the good memories & feelings that those games provided for you in the past.

Hopefully you can get the insurance company to pony up some more cash to help offset the cost of buying pieces back. I wish I still had stuff left to giveaway! I'll be happy to do whatever I can do going forward.

And once you guys settle in and the pieces start to fall back into place, keep your brother 1,000 feet from the house. 😉