NSG's September 2020 Giveaway!

nosweargamer

Time for another giveaway! This giveaway contains a plug n play, an NSG Card Pack & a piece of Bazooka Joe Gum, complete in wrapper with a mini comic!

GIVEAWAY RULES

• Must have a US Address. Not responsible for lost or damaged mail.
  • Must reply to this post by telling your favorite wrestler growing up, real or fictional, by Friday, September 4th 2020 @ 11:59 pm est. One entry per person.
  • After the winner is selected at random and announced on this thread, they will have one week to give me their US address through the forum messenger. If they don't respond in time, I can select another winner.

Watch this video for more details:  

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

18 minutes ago, RickR said:

I'm going to go with Andre the Giant, who was always a wonder to watch.  I'll also mention a second place choice:  Rowdy Roddy Piper, who got his start here in Portland.

Thanks

Rick, have you read the graphic novel Andre the Giant: Life and Legend? It's been a while since I read it -- must read for any Andre fan, I think.

Piper was the best.

Edited by socrates63

Of course mine is Shawn Michaels!

04.JPG

03.JPG

02.JPG

01.JPG

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

20 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Growing up, I loved Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jake the Snake Roberts.  If I had to pick, I'll go with Roddy!

17 hours ago, Justin said:

I loved Mr. T!! :mr_t:

It's funny those two got mentioned back to back. Piper hated Mr T for a long time, partly because T seemed to have a big ego and was invading his profession. Thankfully they made amends before Piper's passing.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

12 hours ago, Bogusflow256 said:

Favorite wrestler growing up was Sgt. Slaughter. Just found your channel and am up too late binge watching the episodes. You gained another subscriber. Thanks for all you do.

Welcome to the I/O, @Bogusflow256!

I came to the I/O because of NSG's give-away last month, and although I didn't win, finding the I/O community turned out to be even a better prize. Hope you find it the same. Feel free to drop in on the Introduce Yourself! sub-forum, and well, introduce yourself 🙂

6 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Welcome to the I/O, @Bogusflow256!

I came to the I/O because of NSG's give-away last month, and although I didn't win, finding the I/O community turned out to be even a better prize. Hope you find it the same. Feel free to drop in on the Introduce Yourself! sub-forum, and well, introduce yourself 🙂

Thanks and I definitely will check it out. Been too long since I was part of a forum. Can't wait to see everything here. Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Bogusflow256 said:

Thanks and I definitely will check it out. Been too long since I was part of a forum. Can't wait to see everything here. Thanks.

I've never been in a forum before this one. I joined at the same time as @socrates63 did, also because of @nosweargamer. Both of them are great dudes. Actually, everyone I've met here has been great. I think you will enjoy it here. We'd love to hear your Atari story.

6 hours ago, HDN said:

Actually, everyone I've met here has been great.

When everyone can come together for a single reason, single purpose, and leave all real life drama behind it makes a huge difference and much better overall experience. It's for our love of things once called "ATARI" that we are here.  Maybe not 100% the reason but a huge percentage of that anyway.  There's usually always something going on here. If it's not NSG doing a review there's the Squad Challenges, if it's not those then Creeper is "Creepin' It Real" or Justin is posting a bit of history.  There's always something going on.  And if you are really feeling the urge to challenge someone there's always the 2-Player Battles.  Simply PM someone to challenge, agree on a time, system, and game, and off you go.  Best two of three games win.  What more could anyone want?

On 9/1/2020 at 9:08 AM, briggsy911 said:

I used to love watching wrestling with my dad. My favorite wrestler was Chief Jay Strongbow.  

image.png.21cf7918c5f01b9b39448221ef4c4c59.png

Congrats @briggsy911, Chief Jay come out victorious to help you win the drawing! You have one week to send me a U.S. address through the messanger here to claim your prize!

6 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

I used to love watching wrestling with my dad.

I think that is the real appeal of wrestling.  We tend to remember who we watched with and the strong emotions we felt.  I remember being introduced to wrestling by my friend "Big Mac" and his parents, who were so enthusiastic about it.  It took about 10 minutes for me to get into it too!

Congrats to the winner!  And thank you @nosweargamer for all you do.