Atari PONG Mini Jr console??

Atari Creep

It will come down to pricing for most.  I have a thing for Pong anyway, lots of great memories of the arcade game when it came out with my older brother getting me into the local bar on the campus 😛  plus working on them with my Dad at his friends arcade when I was first learning electronics (I started very very young :P).

I plan on picking one up though.   I know it will be the latest fodder for the younger tubers that were not even alive when Pong came out 🙂  so thought it would be nice to let people listen to a guy that was around and my thoughts on it 😛

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

4 hours ago, socrates63 said:

@Willie! have you played around with this mini Pong? Looks like it's recreating the original arcade machine look to some extent. My first arcade video game was Space Invaders and I missed seeing Pong in arcades. My first Pong experience was the home console with Radio Shack badging that played Pong.

71OMsUCaIyL._SL1228_.jpg.cec61a5c34cc5fed1a71e46dbb900427.jpg

yep, I modded one to have better controls 😛

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

They just announced the price, $129, which is too high imho, and opened the orders, which may not arrive in time for Christmas 😲👎

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Oh boy, @nosweargamer.  That price is way too high IMO.  I think it's a cool device, but I probably would not buy at any price due to how boring and tired Pong is for me.  I can tell you that such a device might earn at most 10 minutes of time with anyone here in my home before it became a stalemate. 

Advice:  if you really want to play Pong, get a real authentic Atari Super Pong home console for about $50.  It has several variations and it's a little piece of history. 

$129?!? For PONG?!? NO WAY!!!

Think about it, if you shop wisely this holiday season, you could easily get yourself a 2DS with Mario Kart 7 included and a couple of its amazing games for that price. Maybe even a big-boy 3DS if you're lucky and come across a good deal. They're clearancing those puppies out, and with the typical Holiday sales you could easily score some one. The 3DS is a fantastic system.

Or, you could buy yourself a VCS for around thirty or forty bucks, as well as a copy of Video Olympics. According to Pricecharting.com, the game is currently worth an even five dollars in its picture label variant. After that, you'll have the better part of $100 left, which you could use to buy some more VCS games, a cool snow globe or ornament, a delicious pie, a good book, or anything else you want.

Or, you can have Pong. No variations, no other games, just plain old Pong. This price is sinful. People are starving and sleeping on park benches. Instead of buying this crazy thing (which will probably ship AFTER Christmas), use that $129 for LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE.