Hello, from AR (soon MO)

zgillet

Welcome, welcome, welcome, @zgillet! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Never played DOOM. I considered picking it up for the SNES a while back, but decided to get some Atari stuff instead (I splurged a bit for Tunnel Runner) and a few GBA games. I also learned that the SNES version isn’t considered to be that great, and it’s a bit pricey.

Welcome, Zach! 

I played a ton of Doom back in the day.  It's one of those games that is best on the PC due to the superior controls of mouse/keyboard.  I like to see and play the various console versions (PS1 is my favorite), but for me, if I really want to play all the way through...PC. 

Stick around and keep on entering those nosweargamer giveaways. 

-RR

29 minutes ago, DegasElite said:

Welcome from the Midwest. This really is a great site. I enjoy it and so will you.

Hey, I didn’t know you were from around these parts! Which state?

@zgillet, what are some of your favorite games/systems? I love the SNES, 7800, 2600, 3DS, and the entire Game Boy line, just to name a few! Super Metroid is my all-time favorite game!

Welcome to the I/O @zgillet

Which industry do you work for or what type of programming do you do? I'm also in the tech sector, working as a program manager for SRE (kubernetes infra) teams.

I remember playing Doom on my 386/33 when it first came out. It was groundbreaking and amazing. The community that it developed was unprecedented and the FAQ it spawned was quite the tome.

3 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Welcome to the I/O @zgillet

Which industry do you work for or what type of programming do you do? I'm also in the tech sector, working as a program manager for SRE (kubernetes infra) teams.

I remember playing Doom on my 386/33 when it first came out. It was groundbreaking and amazing. The community that it developed was unprecedented and the FAQ it spawned was quite the tome.

I upgraded my 386 just to play Doom when it first came out.