Recent Pickups -- (Non Gaming)

- Ω -

I had been buying a desk calendar from Modern Printed Matter (Etsy) every year since seven years ago, but with all my health and personal issues the past couple of years, I neglected to get one. Now that I got one for 2024 (and with my health in a better place), I feel a sense of normalcy and look forward to the upcoming new year and reclaiming one personal ritual at a time 🙂 

IMG_1248.jpeg.9fb76e3c0aa3e2f48ed598aee8c495cd.jpeg

Edited by socrates63

5 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I had been buying a desk calendar from Modern Printed Matter (Etsy) every year since seven years ago, but with all my health and personal issues the past couple of years, I neglected to get one. Now that I got one for 2024 (and with my health in a better place), I feel a sense of normalcy and look forward to the upcoming new year and reclaiming one personal ritual at a time 🙂 

Love it!  What other images does the calendar have?

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

21 hours ago, socrates63 said:

This is a really nice desk calendar. Thanks for sharing.

A slightly different kind of non-gaming pick-up here... 🐔 🦃

There's Chicken Run the claymation movie from 2000 which I love (I heard there's a sequel in the works), and then there's my Chick Run 2023.

My mission was to secure 10 Costco rotisserie chicken for the annual church Thanksgiving lunch (another 10 to be secured by someone else). A few years ago, the church decided to switch to Costco's rotisserie chicken after too many years of dry roasted turkey from those-who-shall-not-be-named-here.

I started waiting in the Costco parking lot around 9:15am yesterday in the hopes that it would open early. I often see it opening around 9:30am although the posted sign has 10am as the opening time. This time, the door opened at 9:52am. I dashed as quickly as I could with my bad back and all, and I saw one lady making a beeline for the chicken. Oh no! See beat to it, but luckily, she only took a measly one. Whew! There were around thirty available, but I wasn't sure how many she was going to grab as she could have been another Chicken Run competitor. Why else head directly to the rotisserie chicken section from the entrance if not to grab a dozen more for a party?

My car smelled like rotisserie chicken all day. Coffee or fake pine tree scent I could take, but rotisserie chicken smell in the car is a bit much for me. I am hoping the smell is out by now, but with it raining off and on, I didn't leave the car windows open.

And for the astute observers out there, yes, I got 12 and not 10. Having more than enough is what it means to have "enough" in my book.

IMG_1259.jpeg.2b3f86dc5e52c1e5dc53202e217b2434.jpeg

Maybe you can dedicate your old cellphone to a new task now?  Today I was going through a box and found an old obsolete Chromecast device, instead of throwing it out, I paired my old cell phone with the Google Home APP and started casting my light bulb camera to it.  I was a little bummed out that the light bulb camera only works with cell phones, but you know the old saying, "Where there's a will, there's a way!"

Solution.jpg.651a4fce8b71364b74efee2ec3b3a601.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I just ordered a Pixel 7 Pro for my dad from Amazon.  They had it on sale at 50% off, so it ended up costing less than the 7a!  It should be arriving tomorrow. 

Here are a couple of non-gaming arrivals...

Books(267).jpg.1284476fb1d82469a88084675adad1e6.jpg

CDs(133).jpg.df032b33c411dcff3823b9289bdd9657.jpg

DVDBD(228).jpg.a263c3e79be4a1a0b281d23157064850.jpg

Edited by TrekMD
Missed a picture

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

On November 27, I ordered these books from an ebay seller who was located about 30 minutes from me. In hindsight, I should have asked if local pickup was an option. It would have saved made quite a bit on shipping and saved me time and aggravation. The package was shipped promptly enough but USPS decided to take a detour, and it traveled to the midwest, southwest, Cali, and then back to Seattle. Actually, I was not expecting to see the package for a couple of more weeks, so it arrived sooner than I expected 😂

Probably like many here, I have a lot of nostalgia for COMPUTE! magazine. I bought many of their Atari books back in the day, and those books are one of the few relics that I have in my possession from back in the day. I may go hunting to see if I can obtain the remaining couple books from COMPUTE!'s Atari 8-bit books.

I may need to start a catalog of my computer books. I didn't realize I already had the assembler book.

IMG_1353.jpeg.7dd66e9423794f13f0746484ec566886.jpeg