Recent Pickups -- (Non Gaming)

- Ω -

Back in the late 1990's and early 2000's I worked in the art industry and was able to get this limited edition numbered Bob Byerley at cost.  Anyway it sat in the back of my closet for over 20 years and I found it when I recently moved, so I finally got it matted and framed.  Just picked it up 20 minutes ago.

Secrits.jpg.a0d780c21cee3455723233c7fd80d19a.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

3 hours ago, - Ω - said:

I've purchased numerous rolls of color changing filament, the problem with every roll I've purchased is that they don't change fast enough and I usually end up with a single color print.  

The guy who made these said he used three filaments of different colors. I was super impressed by the lack of banding between the colors. 

11 hours ago, socrates63 said:

The guy who made these said he used three filaments of different colors. I was super impressed by the lack of banding between the colors. 

There are a few similar models one can download:  https://www.printables.com/search/all?q=articulated dragon  and print if they wanted...

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I want to share these USB fans for anyone that has electronics that seem too hot.  I got one of these, and I'm very happy with it so far.  Well designed and very quiet.  In my case, my cable modem feels very warm to the touch.  To the point of making me nervous.  Reading on-line, it seems like all of the high speed cable modems are pretty hot.  I have it plugged in to a USB hub and I'm going to leave it running all the time. 

They are designed to be placed on any hot item, or used to exhaust hot air from a cabinet.  They sell in various sizes (I got 80mm) and in single or dual fan options.

image.png

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-MULTIFAN-Receiver-Playstation/dp/B00G059G86

fan 001.JPG

Edited by RickR

13 hours ago, RickR said:

I want to share these USB fans for anyone that has electronics that seem too hot.  I got one of these, and I'm very happy with it so far.  Well designed and very quiet. 

Interesting, but the specifications have me confused.  It's my understanding that a USB port is rated for 5 volts at .5 watts.  While that is fan is rated at 7.2 volts at 1.1 watts.  I'd be careful about using it with anything other than a dedicated wall-wart, because over time it could strain and possibly damage anything it's plugged into.

Interesting.JPG.e0099ac1142b31455061993eb02b4a58.JPG

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I appreciate the concern, but a fan can't draw more than what the socket provides.  So even if it is rated for higher voltage/current, it will max out at whatever the USB port provides (and it will just spin slower).  It also has a H/M/L switch, and I have it set to L.  And it's plugged into a powered USB hub. 

Kind of a weird one here.  I finally got myself an autofocus lens for this nice Nikon digital camera body.  I've had the camera for a while now, but only had manual lenses to go with it.  This AF lens will be a lot easier to use.  I don't care too much about the auto-focus part -- it's the automatic F-Stop and timing that will save me a lot of thought and time.  35-80mm make it very versatile for wide shots and decent zoom.

test 034.JPG

9 hours ago, RickR said:

I don't care too much about the auto-focus part -- it's the automatic F-Stop and timing that will save me a lot of thought and time.  35-80mm make it very versatile for wide shots and decent zoom.

I hear ya!  I usually have autofocus turned off on my lenses, it can be nice to have, but I prefer more control over my images.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

21 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Waterpik

I didn't post it, but I recently purchased an inexpensive, off-brand "cordless" waterpik on Amazon just to try it out and compare to the "big" model.  It works well!  I am very happy with it.  It takes up less space and needs to be refilled before every use.  But otherwise, the power and feel is the same. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SM447BQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Going really off-topic here, but I also highly recommend the "Amazon Essentials" brand of .....prepare yourselves, this is going to be weird.....pants.  They are soft and high quality.  And they sell almost any inseam length!  I bought 3 pairs when they were on sale for less than $20.  They are totally worth full price, but you may want to wait for another sale if you are on the fence. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P2CQQZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Oh, and sorry to be more long-winded than normal...but I also got a new security cam.  At $28, this one seems to be a steal.  For me, it's much higher resolution than my old one, allows voice communication, and has a simple phone-app interface.  I use this when we go on vacation to receive alerts if there is any movement inside our home while we are away. 

https://www.newegg.com/eufy-indoor-cam-2k-surveillance-camera/p/2P0-00SG-00006

23 hours ago, RickR said:

I didn't post it, but I recently purchased an inexpensive, off-brand "cordless" waterpik on Amazon just to try it out and compare to the "big" model.  It works well!  I am very happy with it.  It takes up less space and needs to be refilled before every use.  But otherwise, the power and feel is the same. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SM447BQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Going really off-topic here, but I also highly recommend the "Amazon Essentials" brand of ....prepare yourselves, this is going to be weird....pants.  They are soft and high quality.  And they sell almost any inseam length!  I bought 3 pairs when they were on sale for less than $20.  They are totally worth full price, but you may want to wait for another sale if you are on the fence. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P2CQQZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Not off-topic, you bought a non-gaming product!  I did purchase a couple pairs of those pants, and you're right, they fit pretty well.  The ones I bought seemed to fade a little after the first wash and were not entirely wrinkle free though, but the pants pocket where I put my wallet was smaller than expected.  I can barely button it.  So those pants sit further to the left and only get worn when I've been too lazy to do the laundry.

On the Waterpik, the reservoir is smaller than my old one, which I don't like, but this one has a door on top so I don't have to remove the top to fill it which is nice.  Having the toothbrush as part of the unit saves me some countertop space as well.  The toothbrush is going to take some getting used to though, this one is sonic as opposed to the oscillating Braun I've been using for the past couple of years.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

23 hours ago, RickR said:

Oh, and sorry to be more long-winded than normal...but I also got a new security cam.  At $28, this one seems to be a steal.  For me, it's much higher resolution than my old one, allows voice communication, and has a simple phone-app interface.  I use this when we go on vacation to receive alerts if there is any movement inside our home while we are away. 

https://www.newegg.com/eufy-indoor-cam-2k-surveillance-camera/p/2P0-00SG-00006

$28.00 sounded good to me, so I checked out your link with the intention of buying, but it appears their current "sale" is $42.00.

CAM.JPG.898815bf99def5f49c6c0522abb5d988.JPG

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Well as I was hunting for something else on the Internet today, I came across a "come on" on some place called TEMU that I think @RickR mentioned at one point in time.  Curiosity got the better of me, I was thinking free shipping in twelve days or less or it's essentially free?  So I popped for the thing, I mean it's not even 5 bux. Supposedly 70% off, yeah, we know it was probably over priced to begin with, but what the heck, if it turns out to look even 1/2 a good as the picture, it'll be worth it just for the kicks.

TEMU-COMEON.jpg.0d1eff108fe4c2be4417bbfbb895753e.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 8/7/2023 at 6:04 PM, RickR said:

Not me.  I try to avoid china sellers.  I just assume TEMU is one, though I don't know for sure. 

I only go out of my way to avoid them when it has anything to do with anything that will plug in and/or wirelessly connect to ones computer, phone or local network.  It's difficult to find those items, like a camera for you home.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>