Recent Pickups -- (Non Gaming)

- Ω -

17 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Anyone else a fan of this show?

Wow, that takes me back!  I used to watch that show regularly back when I was much, much younger.  How do the episodes hold up?  I remember watching a "reboot" about 20 - 25 years ago with Sandra Bullock, but it never caught on.  Is it streaming anywhere?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

17 hours ago, TrekMD said:

He said he did all his stunts back then, something he regrets now because he had knee injuries that have been a problem for him.

I mean the guy should get a bionic knee replacement.  And it probably costs $6 million! 

6 hours ago, - Ω - said:

Wow, that takes me back!  I used to watch that show regularly back when I was much, much younger.  How do the episodes hold up?  I remember watching a "reboot" about 20 - 25 years ago with Sandra Bullock, but it never caught on.  Is it streaming anywhere?

I don't believe so. 

6 hours ago, RickR said:

I mean the guy should get a bionic knee replacement.  And it probably costs $6 million! 

😆

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

One recent pickup that isn't gaming related recently is this:

10497_front.jpg.d3117b0dab99dd66f62fb5c857bb7555.jpg

I've not put it together as again, I have no where for it to go. But there wasn't anyway I was going to let this set get past me. Here are few more pics of the box as aside from that 90 years of play bit in the corner, they pretty much nailed the classic space box look from the late 70s early 80s. 

10497_side.jpg.2852417e03e07535db81c84900a43225.jpg

10497_back.jpg.4c4346ca6669595f46129e3cd24f9162.jpg

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

After two years of wanting one, and a couple of weeks of serious investigation, I FINALLY got the nerve to press the buy button.  So the assembled printer a few extra rolls of PLA and PETG and I'll be "good to print".  Apparently there is a two week backlog before they ship, so that will give me time to figure out what I want to print first, second, third, fourth....  What really shocked me was my bank called me on a Sunday, less than five minutes after the transaction to verify it was not a fraudulent order.  

2075748868_Prusei3MK3S.jpg.f8851648ebb7be74e3435f8d339532ae.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

59 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

After two years of wanting one, and a couple of weeks of serious investigation, I FINALLY got the nerve to press the buy button.  So the assembled printer a few extra rolls of PLA and PETG and I'll be "good to print".  Apparently there is a two week backlog before they ship, so that will give me time to figure out what I want to print first, second, third, fourth....  What really shocked me was my bank called me on a Sunday, less than five minutes after the transaction to verify it was not a fraudulent order.  

2075748868_Prusei3MK3S.jpg.f8851648ebb7be74e3435f8d339532ae.jpg

Good.  Nice buy.  I hope you enjoy working with it.

I have a few things I need to print, but I haven't had the time or inclination to get it done.  The next project for me is to replace our laundry room sink.  I know it sounds boring, but I love that type of thing.  The house will be nicer and I'll learn something I didn't know before. 

6 hours ago, RickR said:

That's pretty neat!  It seems to have the features of the moon on it as well!  Must be magnets that hold it up?

Yes, the moon globe uses magnets.  It actually took me three or four attempts to get it in the right spot.  It does have a couple of quirks though; the globe is always spinning, even when the lights are off and you cannot set it on a single color.  Interestingly, the globe is supposed to be 3D printed.  

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 9/10/2022 at 1:07 PM, RickR said:

A few old PC games that I picked up at a library sale. 

wildfire smoke 007.JPG

Very cool! I've never been able to get my hands on the Sierra 3D Mini-golf or their Pinball games. But I do own Outpost. Sadly it is a very finicky game to get working these days and I've never managed to get it working on anything later than Win98. Even the various compatibility modes would just cause the app to crash on any other OS I've tried over the years so I've honestly never been able to play my CIB copy of the game LOL!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

52 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

Very cool! I've never been able to get my hands on the Sierra 3D Mini-golf or their Pinball games. But I do own Outpost. Sadly it is a very finicky game to get working these days and I've never managed to get it working on anything later than Win98. Even the various compatibility modes would just cause the app to crash on any other OS I've tried over the years so I've honestly never been able to play my CIB copy of the game LOL!

I've heard terrible things about Outpost (It's on one of the LGR "worst PC games" videos!)  But that makes me want to try it even more. 

A while back @RickR bought a new smartwatch IIRC.  Well I've been wearing the same watch for over twenty years and it simply refuses to die, but I figure it was time to get a new but CHEAP watch, and this one caught my eye.  It looks to be a copy of a much more expensive watch.  Sure it has no downloadable APPS but it has quite a few functions built-in, so I "settled" because I didn't want to spend a fortune.  So << THIS WATCH >> is what will be coming on a slow boat from China.

WATCH.JPG.9524960e0e1957d64383e5d7b69998bc.JPG

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

A while back @RickR bought a new smartwatch IIRC.  Well I've been wearing the same watch for over twenty years and it simply refuses to die, but I figure it was time to get a new but CHEAP watch, and this one caught my eye.  It looks to be a copy of a much more expensive watch.  Sure it has no downloadable APPS but it has quite a few functions built-in, so I "settled" because I didn't want to spend a fortune.  So << THIS WATCH >> is what will be coming on a slow boat from China.

WATCH.JPG.9524960e0e1957d64383e5d7b69998bc.JPG

That looks like a nice compromise. 

I'm still wearing my smart watch on most days (and an old analog Mickey Mouse on others).  The smart watch has done a good job of helping me stay active and not just sit all day. 

@TrekMD Nice work! I just wanted the 4k directors cut of the Motion Picture...but naturally it is sold out everywhere and being scalped on the bay and amazon already. So... I've had to settle for the standard blu-ray release of the directors cut.

I was able to get Wrath of Kahn in 4k though and that is my favorite one of the original movies anyway.