Recent Pickups -- (Non Gaming)

- Ω -

Sometimes practical items give one a lot of pleasure.  My retirement condo had new, but really lame MANUAL thermostats in each room.  I gotta tell ya, manual thermostats are a drag.  I installed the one shown below yesterday, so today the heat was already perfect when I got out of bed, so yeah, happy camper here.

Thermostat.png.8cf0b4575aeb380b874e2aa2c35532b2.png

... BUT what I've REALLY been waiting for is supposed to come in today's mail... a new TOY!  Since I have the day off, it'll be fun to play!

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

8 hours ago, RickR said:

Those light switches are really nice.  Our home has the big wide chunky switches...probably no room for good graphics with those. 

You never know, if you have room for a bigger plate, there are already 3D printed designs available.  It's also possible to modify some of those design and add a smaller graphic.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

1 hour ago, RickR said:

It looks much bigger in @sramirez2008 picture.  You guys, if it isn't too much trouble, please post a link to that.  I may need it as filler to get above the $35 free shipping threshold.  Thanks. 

Here it is:

Digital Large Display Alarm Clock for Living Room Office Bedroom Decor LED Electronic Date Temp Display Wall Electric Clocks Automatic Brightness Dimmer Smart Cool Modern Desk Accessories Black https://a.co/d/2y8m147

3 hours ago, RickR said:

It looks much bigger in @sramirez2008 picture.  You guys, if it isn't too much trouble, please post a link to that.  I may need it as filler to get above the $35 free shipping threshold.  Thanks. 

Here's the direct Amazon link that I used ->  CLICK HERE  It's currently "on sale".

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Since I got my iPad Pro (the larger one), I had been using it with the Logitech keyboard case. For a brief time, I tried using it with a mouse and the Nuphy Air75 keyboard. I returned the keyboard as it was too big for what I wanted. Recently, I didn’t like the feel of the trackpad on the Logitech keyboard. It felt a little worn down. I decided to look into a separate keyboard (mechanical keys, low profile, Bluetooth) and mouse setup again.

I researched a little and saw that the 65% keyboard size may just be what I was looking for. I saw mechanical keyboard models by Logitech and Keychron that looked intriguing. I ended up going with the Keychron K7 Pro. The other models I considered were the Keychron K7 and Logitech MX Mechanical Mini. 

I am super happy with my choice. It’s very small and yet very comfortable to use. Typing on it feel good (I went with the hot swappable Gateron brown switches). 

IMG_1518.jpeg.000394fc835e41c598a19ee63872551e.jpeg

12 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Since I got my iPad Pro (the larger one), I had been using it with the Logitech keyboard case. For a brief time, I tried using it with a mouse and the Nuphy Air75 keyboard. I returned the keyboard as it was too big for what I wanted. Recently, I didn’t like the feel of the trackpad on the Logitech keyboard. It felt a little worn down. I decided to look into a separate keyboard (mechanical keys, low profile, Bluetooth) and mouse setup again.

I researched a little and saw that the 65% keyboard size may just be what I was looking for. I saw mechanical keyboard models by Logitech and Keychron that looked intriguing. I ended up going with the Keychron K7 Pro. The other models I considered were the Keychron K7 and Logitech MX Mechanical Mini. 

I am super happy with my choice. It’s very small and yet very comfortable to use. Typing on it feel good (I went with the hot swappable Gateron brown switches). 

IMG_1518.jpeg.000394fc835e41c598a19ee63872551e.jpeg

This looks like it could look nice with a VCS. Is it BT?

Although not a new pickup, I'm happy to see someone else using a tablet with a small physical keyboard. I've been using this combo here for a long time, and this is what I take with me on the road or vacations.  Samsung 8" Android tablet and a belkin bluetooth keyboard (geared more towards Apple, but works fine for me).  Yours is much nicer!  I may have to look into one of those. 

PXL_20240126_175348147.jpg

Edited by RickR