Squad Challenge - Berzerk (Atari 5200)

Justin

TIPS that work for me.  Money back guarantee. 

• Don't bother with diagonal shots.  They are impossible to line up and the robots don't have such issues. 
  • Initial moments of the level are critical.  Look for a hiding spot and run there.  Try to deal with one robot at a time. 
  • Use Evil Otto to wipe out any last robots.  You can guide him right to them with appropriate moves. 
  • Multi-fire works!  Why are you only shooting one bullet at a time?  Lay down two and move. 

On 1/11/2023 at 8:59 AM, RickR said:

TIPS that work for me.  Money back guarantee. 

• Don't bother with diagonal shots.  They are impossible to line up and the robots don't have such issues. 
  • Initial moments of the level are critical.  Look for a hiding spot and run there.  Try to deal with one robot at a time. 
  • Use Evil Otto to wipe out any last robots.  You can guide him right to them with appropriate moves. 
  • Multi-fire works!  Why are you only shooting one bullet at a time?  Lay down two and move. 

I'll take and try your advice tomorrow!  Thanks.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I had a colecovision and a.few.games.but I don't think I had Frenzy.  I'd join in for that one but I'd have to use emulation. 

As much as I love the 5200 and appreciate Berserk. If it was all I had BITD I would have been happy.  It's a well made game for the system.  Personally I like the 2600 Berserk better.  It doesn't feel as policed as the 5200 version. Hearing the speak without needing additional hardware is amazing and the speech is easy to understand.

So what is the highest score so far?

I will make another run very soon. I was about to do so yesterday thinking the challenge was coming to close until I read this one runs until January 31.

I'm also taking part in the EverythingC64 High Score Challenge which ends on January 26, and the Dig Dug Weekend Tournament (1-Life Challenge) for Antstream Arcade.

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Marco1019!

Congratulations to High Score Squad "Super Legend" @Marco1019 for becoming our Atari 5200 Berzerk Squad Champion! Marco takes the top spot in our Final Standings with an immensely impressive score of 8,480 points. Way to go on your performance, Marco! @greenween came in with a hot performance of his own, scoring an incredible 6,730 points and taking our 2nd spot on the board. We're joined again by a long-missed High Score Squad Legend @RadioPoultry who has won many Squad Challenges in the past. Radio Poultry takes 3rd Place in our Final Standings with an impressive score of 5,580 Points. @RickR scored a solid 4,180 Points, taking 4th Place on the board, followed by @- Ω - a known Atari 5200 superhero who joins us with a a terrific score of 3,010 Points, claiming 5th Place. Rounding things out, it's @Atari 5200 Guy and @TrekMD in a tie for 6th Place, both with a score of 2,860 Points! Congratulations once again to Marco for another BIG WIN and incredible performance, and a huge congratulations to our wonderful community for giving us a tremendous turnout for a great Atari 5200 game! We've done Atari 5200 Squad Challenges in the past, but mostly avoid them, as turnout is always low. That wasn't the story this time, we had a terrific turnout, and I want to thank @greenween and @RickR for nominating this game! I hope everybody had fun playing Berzerk for the Atari 5200!

A very special "Thank You" to @Sabertooth who is doing yeoman's work continuously hosting wonderful Squad Challenges and other fun events in our new Club VCS!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad is Joust for the Atari 2600. Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_5200_berzerk.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif