Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Todays antique store find. I dont have an intellivision but for $5 each i couldnt pass that up. The monopoly is sealed

The red boxed Space Battle.   Supposedly a bit harder than its Blue Box cousin.   

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I just couldn't leave this VTech Learning Window to sit unwanted next to alarm clocks, junk cameras, and VCRs.  For being a toy computer from 1985, the thing is pretty amazing.  Dot matrix animated LCD display, accepts a voice module cartridge, runs additional cartridges (that come boxed with keyboard overlays).  It still works; takes six C batteries.

Anyone here into collecting these kinds of things?  I've got this and an original Sears Computron (with box and AC adapter) if someone has interest.

I didn't know until just now that the Computron was also a VTech product.  Cool.

27561036911_68ee6e30cf_c.jpg

Edited by Ballblaɀer

I just couldn't leave this VTech Learning Window to sit unwanted next to alarm clocks, junk cameras, and VCRs. For being a toy computer from 1985, the thing is pretty amazing. Dot matrix animated LCD display, accepts a voice module cartridge, runs additional cartridges (that come boxed with keyboard overlays). It still works; takes six C batteries.

Anyone here into collecting these kinds of things? I've got this and an original Sears Computron (with box and AC adapter) if someone has interest.

I didn't know until just now that the Computron was also a VTech product. Cool.

27561036911_68ee6e30cf_c.jpg

This very much reminds me of the Children's Discovery System from Mattel. It likewise has an LCD screen, and takes cartridges with keyboard overlays. However, the CDS never had a voice module, and could only output beeps and bloops. I'm pretty sure the CDS came first, and one wonders if Vtech was inspired by it. The two systems are visually somewhat similar in appearance. I can't help but see this Vtech system as a successor to the failed Mattel CDS.

Also, I'm interested, but I have another deal with another member I have to pay off first. If you'd be willing to hold onto it for a little while, I'd love to work out something... That thing would look great with my Mattel CDS.

Edited by LeeJ07

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.