Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Some good stuff today:

The Fisher Price movie was a gamble, as it had no label.  It turned out to be "On My Way To Sesame Street", which I didn't have.  I'm now up to 2 movies in my collection!

The Millennium Falcon was kind of a impulse buy.  I got it because It thought it would look cool hanging from the ceiling in my garage.  It has a mark of "1995 Galoob".  And lots of little moving parts and cubbies.  Not sure what this was.  I need to do some research here.  Greenween, do you know?

And the two handheld games are actually from Ebay.  I bought these knowing they were knockoffs because that's the football game I had as a kid.  Sadly, football does not work.  Basketball does though.  

I also got (not pictured) a really nice junk box item. 

post-41-0-19329100-1469395548_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-18108100-1469395550_thumb.jpg

Edited by RickR

I know I'm making too big a deal of this one...but I just found it so fascinating to see the Sesame Street movie sitting in the "office supplies" section of Goodwill and knowing instantaneously what it was.  Girl at the register asked me what it was, but even after I explained, had no idea.  Way before her time.  Anyhoo, I'm so happy to have this, even with my home-made label. 

post-41-0-18030700-1469413516_thumb.jpg

I have three Fisher Price movie viewers. Things are pretty obscure.

I rarely ever see them for sale anywhere, though I do have at least three movies: Lonesome Ghosts, Cinderella, and Instructional Football Techniques from a real football player whose name escapes me at the moment.

The Football movie is unfortunately broken, as the film ripped in two not long after I got it, and sadly, I don't think there is any way to repair it.

(I believe it to be extremely rare, though. I could not find ANY information about instructional sports titles from Fisher Price online, so I don't know.)

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

I have three Fisher Price movie viewers. Things are pretty obscure.

I rarely ever see them for sale anywhere, though I do have at least three movies: Lonesome Ghosts, Cinderella, and Instructional Football Techniques from a real football player whose name escapes me at the moment.

The Football movie is unfortunately broken, as the film ripped in two not long after I got it, and sadly, I don't think there is any way to repair it.

(I believe it to be extremely rare, though. I could not find ANY information about instructional sports titles from Fisher Price online, so I don't know.)

film can be spliced back together

I have half thought about getting one of them fisher price veiwers (& moo-vies) when I saw one but my insanity has the end SOMEPLACE !!!!

Went to Goodwill today. Had a decent little haul, nothing too spectacular.

However, I was quite pleased to find Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii, as I'd been wanting the game for quite awhile.

Ho, what sorcery is this? Not City Folk, but the ORIGINAL Animal Crossing for the GameCube???

I am now officially ten times happier.

(And, I'm not kidding here, I don't really care that City Folk is completely missing, I've been wanting the original Animal Crossing for some time.)

post-434-0-23763900-1470003233_thumb.jpg

post-434-0-79115800-1470003249_thumb.jpg

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

rPIqhKs.jpg

qks0sSE.jpg

YXZrbDo.jpg

A friend of mine saved a bunch of crap from dumpsterdom.   He knows I liked the older stuff, so I took these off his hands.   I have no idea if any of it even works, but I didn't pay anything for them.

There was an Atari 800 that was completely busted....I was sad it was treated so badly.  That tape drive might be worthless, but I thought maybe someone might need parts 'round here.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I'm interested in the 5200 controller for trade!

No problem.  That pong is up for grabs too probably.  I want to test that first :)   It needs cleaning and a knob, but it looks pretty solid.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square