Atari I/O Retro Junk Box 9: Junk Box 9 From Outer Space

Positive! Definitely not confusing it with the story of a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

Plan 9 was referenced in a few episodes.

Just a movie?  You don't understand!  This isn't Plans 1 through 8 from Outer Space, this is Plan 9!  This is the one that worked!  The worst movie ever made!

(Of course I'm not Cartwright!)

Just a movie?  You don't understand!  This isn't Plans 1 through 8 from Outer Space, this is Plan 9!  This is the one that worked!  The  worst  BEST movie ever made!

(Of course I'm not Cartwright!)

Fixed that for you. ;)

Edited by Rowsdower70

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I just think it's cool that Plan 9, which featured wrestler turned actor Tor Johnson, eventually led to one of my favorite wrestlers as a kid, George The Animal Steele, being cast in the Tim Burton film, Ed Wood. 

Seriously, it can be hard to tell these two apart in various pictures from their respective films.

(I think George is in the top pic and Tor is in the bottom)

post-303-0-53526900-1497377503_thumb.png

post-303-0-25957300-1497377520.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

USPS tracking right now:  "This service is currently unavailable".  Boy, they've sure been on top of their game lately haven't they? :P

Well, I'm guessing your didn't get it today, so hopefully tomorrow!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Here's what I took:

attachicon.gifjunk box 9 002.JPG

• PSP games Killzone and Need For Speed Underground -- these made me say "oooooh!" as noted above.  I am super pumped to try these games out. 
  • PSP Hannah Montana movies.  Humor - I traded Rowsdower for most of his PSP stuff a while ago and said "I'll take it all EXCEPT Hannah Montana."  Well dang, I guess I have to take em now.  Now that I think about it...I need to take these on my next plane trip.  Imagine...a middle aged man watching Hannah Montana on a PSP.  Nothing creepy about that at all. 
  • SegaCD Mortal Kombat - comment from my son:  "I'll bet it takes an hour to load".  We shall see, son.  We shall see.
  • Devil May Cry for PS2 and Devil May Cry 3 for PC -- I have no idea what these are.  But the "M" rating appeals to me.  Since I'm so mature.  And also, I needed space for more junk in the box. 
  • Homer Simpson figure.  He's obviously doing a "WooHoo!"
  • Donald Duck slidey puzzle.  I may lose my temper trying to solve this.
  • "How to Win at Super Mario Bros" booklet.  I won't lie...this is probably my favorite item from the junk box. 
  • Combat cart.  Because that throne made out of Combat carts ain't gonna build itself.  I think I'm legally obligated to take any and all combat carts in junk boxes. 
  • Fantastic 4 plug and play.  I won't lie.  I didn't want this, but I couldn't fit it back in the box.  Rowsdower...if you wanted it, I'll send it separately or in our next trade.  I may just put it in Junk Box 10
  • And finally, Tomy handheld kissing game.  I think I know who put this in, and I'll bet he knew who would take it.  Frankly, I love these little Tomy mechanical games.  On my first try, it pretty much summed up my lifetime love life:

attachicon.gifjunk box 9 005.JPG

This was one sweet junk box.  Thank you guys very much.  I've packed it up with what I think is good junk and it will be off to Texas and home tomorrow. 

Really dig the Tomy game. Those are so cool!

New rule: No more Combats in the box...unless Rick hasn't got it yet :rofl: