Do you use hot sauce? How hot do you like it?

jmjustin6

So I'm just curious does everyone here enjoy hot sauces? If so what is your go to hot sauce that you need to always have a bottle of? 

Mine has to be valentina (black label) but lately I've really enjoyed El Yucateco's green habanero sauce. 

Now when it comes to other hot sauces. How hot do you like them? Long story short I think I have been eating too much hot sauce lately and I cant feel any heat from the normal hot sauces or even the "XXX" hot sauces. So I have been watching "Hot Ones" on youtube (great show if you havent seen it) 

And I just bought a couple of the really insane hot sauces that I saw on the show off amazon. DA' Bomb came first in the mail and I had to get some friends over.  DA' Bomb has a scoville level of 135,600. In comparison a regular bottle of Tabasco is 700 scoville units. So we grilled up some chicken and tried it out. This is definitely not your normal hot sauce! My tongue was on fire! It was hot but still I wasnt screaming and running around like all my friends were. So I felt I needed more. 

So today in the mail I got Blair's Mega Death Sauce with Liquid Rage. This one comes in at 500,000 Scoville units and maybe this one will give me the sting I need. Probably gonna get everyone together again this weekend to try it out. I'm gonna have some milk on the side ready to be used!

So again this is one of my things i love and I'm just curious about everyone here. Do you like hot sauce? Do you not? If so how hot have you gone before?

20190812_180542.jpg

20190812_180607.jpg

20190812_174435.jpg

One of my kids likes "Franks" a lot, and I think it's pretty good too.  But I don't think it's very hot compared to these nuclear options you bought. 

Chas10e mentioned the salsa at Mexican restaurants.  I usually try the hottest they got at those places, then back off if it's too hot.  Most of the time, the hotter salsas have a lot more flavor whereas the mild just tastes like watery tomato.  But then I'll start sweating and my wife says "you better take it easy".   

8 hours ago, RickR said:

One of my kids likes "Franks" a lot, and I think it's pretty good too.  

8 hours ago, RickR said:

One of my kids likes "Franks" a lot, and I think it's pretty good too.  But I don't think it's very hot

Yea Frank's is literally has the lowest scoville units of any hot sauce. It comes in at 450 scoville units

Depends on the sauce, really. There's a thai restaurant near where I work (in fact, I had dinner with TrekMD there once :) ) -- I'll use any and all hot sauces they have there. But I'm not one of those hot sauce people who has to look for the hottest of the hot. I like a little pick-me-up.

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

12 hours ago, jmjustin6 said:

So when it comes to salsa this is my go to stuff right here. It's got a great flavor too it and just enough heat to be good but not over power you

1393476_orig.png

I've seen this brand and sauce at my grocery store, but the "CAUTION" on the label scares me away.  Next time it's on sale, I'll give it a shot. 

I LOVE spicy food & sauces but it has to be tolerable. If it’s so spicy that I can’t enjoy the flavor, than that’s no good. 

This is from my absolute favorite restaurant, which makes pasta from scratch. If you can’t make out the writing, it says “Reaper Hab”. 🔥 Soooo good. I pair it with Buffalo Alfredo sauce. 

E19D971F-DE08-49E0-8121-1DE5716E2895.jpeg

I use the hottest I can find.  Usually at least ghost pepper.  I get Pure Cap when i can find it. 

Just one or two drops per plate/bowl though.  Saves a ton of money for big flavor!

Please check out my Atari 2600 party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/  

Downloadable games include Upp Plus Plus, Stranglehand, Nitebear on Sleepystreet and more!

Forgot to add this but a week ago I was talking to a mega video game display collector. He mostly collect original Nintendo neons and such. His collection is wild.

Well we got to talking about food. Then about hot sauces. Turns out he grows peppers and makes his own sauce. he was awesome enough to give me a bottle of Carolina reaper (hottest pepper in the world) sauce and 2 peppers that I plan on eating with a buddy.

Cabt get any hotter than this yall!!

20191018_161819.jpg

Edited by jmjustin6