Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

@socrates63 No worries - I'm in eastern Montana.  Not super far from yourself, evidently!  Have never been to Seattle proper... Wife and I have a trip planned here in a couple months to change that, though.  Looking forward to dinking around!  Any recommendations?

Tough to imagine too many retro stores, ha.  Fun to see people take their passion and share it with the local economy.  Also fun to see when they succeed, so I can see how a congested market would make that even more challenging.

Track & Field Manual. 

I’ve been after this one for quite some time now and it’s in very good condition. I’ll probably never get an actual box, as I’ve never seen one, other than the one in Willie’s (ArcadeUSA) T&F podcast. My reproduction box will have to do. 

IMG_5639.jpeg

IMG_5640.jpeg

IMG_5637.jpeg

IMG_5638.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008

22 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Track & Field Manual. 

I’ve been after this one for quite some time now and it’s in very good condition. I’ll probably never get an actual box, as I’ve never seen one, other than the one in Willie’s (ArcadeUSA) T&F podcast. My reproduction box will have to do. 

IMG_5639.jpeg

IMG_5640.jpeg

IMG_5637.jpeg

IMG_5638.jpeg

Funny that the manual has sooo much color in it and yet the label on the cartridge... why?

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

2 hours ago, CrossBow said:

Funny that the manual has sooo much color in it and yet the label on the cartridge... why?

Yeah…this is a bit of an enigma. It appears that the game was released towards the end of the consoles life. Random Terrain’s database identifies it as possibly June ‘86 (Estimated Best Guess), so I can see why the cart label is grey tones. However, my manual has an ‘84 date. Could be that the manuals were made earlier and the cart production was held back. I’d love to see the date stamp, if any, of an original box. 

I shared this many years ago, but sadly had to sell it. My daughter suprised me with this for an early father's day present in May. We have played it almost every day ever since. THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE!!! In my opinion at least. Side note, I have since become a master of repairing these things and by buying a non working tower for $45 I have given her a 100% Dark Tower for less than $250. 🙂

Dark Tower.jpg

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

Not so much a "pick up" but something nice I won 🤷🏻‍♂️😜

Luckily on Atariage at the right time (4am my time) caught this thread with Ben from Plaion showing new Atari 2600+/7800/Paddles with beautiful Blue buttons instead of classic red. Next thing I knew seeing my reply he offered me one along with several people replying in the thread, he continued giving away these Blue Button Atari controllers until his suplly ran out. 
Ben joined Atariage as a member taking feedback and suggestions shortly after Atari aquired Atariage forums. Represenitng the company PLAION that manufactures the Atari 2600+ and accessories for Atari. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

2 hours ago, greenween said:

I shared this many years ago, but sadly had to sell it. My daughter suprised me with this for an early father's day present in May. We have played it almost every day ever since. THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE!!! In my opinion at least. Side note, I have since become a master of repairing these things and by buying a non working tower for $45 I have given her a 100% Dark Tower for less than $250. 🙂

Dark Tower.jpg

Love the old commercials for those!

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

After nearly 14 months I finally received my "Last Chance" order from AA! 

I placed my order in the first day of the sale on 6/22/23, so it was a little frustrating seeing posts from folks who ordered later in the sale. I know that the volume was much higher than Al anticipated, but communication may have helped manage expectations. That said, they are here now and meet the high quality standards we expect from AA.

Popeye is just brilliant on the 7800 and I was stoked to finally play it! The Champ Games titles are also rock solid. Of course, had I known Champ would produce his own carts, I may have picked up Zippy or RubyQ instead. Oh well, happy with this haul even after the wait.20240807_133019~2.jpg

Edited by Sabertooth

4 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

After nearly 14 months I finally received my "Last Chance" order from AA! 

I placed my order in the first day of the sale on 6/22/23, so it was a little frustrating seeing posts from folks who ordered later in the sale. I know that the volume was much higher than Al anticipated, but communication may have helped manage expectations. That said, they are here now and meet the high quality standards we expect from AA.

Popeye is just brilliant on the 7800 and I was stoked to finally play it! The Champ Games titles are also rock solid. Of course, had I known Champ would produce his own carts, I may have picked up Zippy or RubyQ instead. Oh well, happy with this haul even after the wait.20240807_133019~2.jpg

HOOOORAAAAAY!!!!!!!  I'm so glad they finally came. 

celebration-gif.gif?fit=500%252C226%26ss

3 hours ago, RickR said:

Those look great.  They really blend right in. 

Thanks. I had purchased several of his cart dust covers for my heavy and light sixers. He didn’t have any for the 2800 or Sears Video Arcade II, but I asked if he could make them. This was several months ago, but he got around to making them and I’m happy with the results.
My favorite is the one for my Vader.

IMG_5686.jpeg

IMG_5687.jpeg