Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari I/O Secret Santa 2016!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:05 AM

That's great! Hahaha
  • Justin likes this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#42 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:10 PM

My recipients gifts are all wrapped, packed and ready to ship tomorrow!!! Part 1 of Secret Santa video finished and edited but you have to wait until they get their stuff to see!!!! :spot:

20161204_161343_zpsasjh8cqh.jpg  

• Justin, DeLorean, RickR and 3 others like this

#43 Willie!

Willie!

Pretzel Member

• 374 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

A big ole' THANK YOU! to my Secret Santa!  I got exactly what I was hopeful for! A sealed CIB Star Raiders and Pengo for my 5200!  Was not expecting the Pengo, but I do love that game on the 5200 :).

Now I have to bring myself to open the seal on this Star Raiders :)

attachicon.gifDSCF5334.JPG

Who was your Secret Santa Willie?

Dont know :)

Edited by Willie!, 05 December 2016 - 09:49 AM.

• Justin, DeLorean, Atari Creep and 1 other like this

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

#44 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:34 PM

I almost think that is more fun, but being able to thank them is always nice too!!!!

• Justin, Rowsdower70 and jmjustin6 like this

#45 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 2,555 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

My Secret Santa package went out today!

Y'all may want to check your mailboxes this week.

It sounds like a lot of gifts might get delivered!

• Justin, DeLorean, Atari Creep and 2 others like this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#46 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,253 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

Just got home to see a package waiting for me woo. And it definitely something i have been wanting. Now i can use the ps1 time crisis gun controller!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2016-12-05_23.01.00.jpg
  • 2016-12-05_23.01.19.jpg

• Justin, DeLorean, RickR and 6 others like this

#47 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,636 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:22 AM

SWEET.  I like those games with the special controllers. 

• Justin, Atari Creep, Rowsdower70 and 1 other like this

#48 btbfilms76

btbfilms76

Orange Member

• 276 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:37 AM

Ill give you a hint... Sounds like BTB maybe  ;)  :martini:  :100:.  I know I got you, but Im waiting to open it up on Christmas, like a good boy.

• Justin, DeLorean, GervGirl and 2 others like this
Host of The Jag Bar | Lynx Lounge | 7800 Avenue
Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube....bHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

#49 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

Ill give you a hint... Sounds like BTB maybe  ;)  :martini:  :100:.  I know I got you, but Im waiting to open it up on Christmas, like a good boy.

BOOOOOOOO!

#50 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:03 AM

Some people seem to be under the mistaken impression that A) you remain anonymous.   and B. You wait until Christmas to open your gift.

Edited by Rowsdower70, 06 December 2016 - 09:03 AM.

• Atari Creep, nosweargamer, StormSurge and 1 other like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#51 GervGirl

GervGirl

Cherry Member

• 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

Actually always my understanding is Sercret Santa you remain anonymous and a Pollyanna you exchange names. That just how at I have always understood it. But ether way I am sure everyone enjoys it. I also like waiting to Christmas to open my gifts, gives me something to look forward to just like a little kid. Lol No right or wrong way.
  • Atari Creep likes this

#52 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

The idea of our Secret Santa is that the sender remains a surprise until the package is delivered. At that time the sender will be pretty obvious from the return address in most cases  ^_^

• DeLorean, GervGirl, Atari Creep and 4 others like this

#53 correagonzalez

correagonzalez

Pretzel Member

• 384 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:48 PM

Just got home to see a package waiting for me woo. And it definitely something i have been wanting. Now i can use the ps1 time crisis gun controller!!

I'm glad you liked them, sorry about the Christmas wrapping, not Christmas related, but had to go with ninja turtles 😁😁😁😁
  • Justin, DeLorean and Rowsdower70 like this

#54 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,253 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:56 PM

I'm glad you liked them, sorry about the Christmas wrapping, not Christmas related, but had to go with ninja turtles 😁😁😁😁

No prob i totally understand, you wouldn't tell a trekkie to stop bein who they are
  • Justin, DeLorean and Rowsdower70 like this

#55 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,107 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

AtariCreep can unleash the video now!

First off, I thought my Secret Santa was the best last year. And he was, it was a fantastic haul that was thoughtful and greatly appreciated. But AtariCreep has raised the bar.

Quick aside. I have been super busy at work and in order to force myself to stay focused, I blocked certain websites that I continually visit to waste time. This place was at the top of the list. I also recently started helping my local high school basketball team and so when I get home, I'm usually too spent to fire up the laptop and check things out here. Because of all that, I wasn't able to come up with a proper wish list. Therefore, AtariCreep only had my Want List post, as well as my vgcollect.com list to work off.

Here's the haul:

First, an awesome note, direct from the desk of Santa himself!

31359122312_e8a97b5937_z.jpg

The wrapped presents:

31359122432_a0683091f8_z.jpg

First, a 2600 cart I enjoyed as a young lad which somehow escaped my hunting & gathering of the mid-90's:

30664504594_0fb679ca22_z.jpg

Next, not my favorite NES basketball game, but one I rented often & enjoyed (& I love the cover art!):

30664505814_bb69e74741_z.jpg

And the coup de grace. When I saw the "Open Me Last" gift & felt the heft of the large gift, I had a feeling it could be this. But then I thought, "No way. Not only would it be too costly, but just the sheer awesomeness of it would be too much." Alas...

30664505744_f58380b261_z.jpg

Yes, a console I never had but always wanted. So many games I want to play, including the one that was "Open Me Last".

I was blown away. I was speechless & practically in tears. AtariCreep's generosity is off the charts.

I've said it before & I'll say it again. This place, this community that WE'VE BUILT, is second to none. The people I've met & interacted with here are simply the best, and quite frankly have done more for me than most of my IRL friends. You guys are fantastic and I cannot thank you all enough, especially you AtariCreep. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Edited by StormSurge, 08 December 2016 - 09:25 AM.

• Justin, DeLorean, greenween and 8 others like this

#56 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

Damn Creep, you tryin' to make us all look bad? ;)

Great stuff!

• Justin, DeLorean, Arenafoot and 2 others like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#57 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,636 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

Wonderful job, SS and AC.  I love it. 

• Justin, DeLorean, Arenafoot and 1 other like this

#58 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 2,555 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

Very generous Creep! :thumb:

Is this the first system given as a SS gift? :nintendo_snes:

• Justin, DeLorean, Arenafoot and 1 other like this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#59 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

Damn Creep, you tryin' to make us all look bad? ;)

Great stuff!

HAHA Never Row!!!! I am starting over in building my collection after having to sell just about EVERYTHING in order to move back to Boston. I have been very very blessed this past year with a number of gifted items (mainly Sega consoles) and coming across AMAZING deals such as that SNES. I just felt the need to pay/pass it forward. That's all!!!! My video on this exchange will explain it all. Just have to wait for my gift to finish the video.   

• Justin, DeLorean, RickR and 3 others like this

#60 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

HAHA Never Row!!!! I am starting over in building my collection after having to sell just about EVERYTHING in order to move back to Boston. I have been very very blessed this past year with a number of gifted items (mainly Sega consoles) and coming across AMAZING deals such as that SNES. I just felt the need to pay/pass it forward. That's all!!!! My video on this exchange will explain it all. Just have to wait for my gift to finish the video.   

I'm just teasing you man, that was very generous and very much in keeping with the spirit of Atari.IO.   Well done!

• Justin and DeLorean like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users