Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Squad Challenge - Xevious (Atari 7800)

Wow...so 81,060 is the current high score.  Gee...I better drink lots of caffeine-induced sodas or LOTS of coffee.

I'm going to try to capture video for this one.  My setup is kinda crude and something I believe Frankenstein himself would be proud of  :rofl:

post-870-0-84346000-1486525910_thumb.jpg

7800 is hiding in a small cubby hole, just big enough for it.  This was a LOT of work to setup but I'm going to give it a shot.  The only sounds heard will be coming from the game itself.  

post-870-0-73945800-1486525912_thumb.jpg

I hope this works. 

Well...game play footage is not of the quality I was after but it works.  

Came close.  79,280.  I'll try again but might just take a screenshot.  Not sure yet.  Making the videos are fun.  

And in case you are wondering, yes the video is too far to the left.  I was going to try out a new program that BB introduced me too.  I was going to have the box art remain present on the right side.  But the program kept crashing while exporting the final video work so that idea never happened.  I resorted back to Windows Movie Maker until I can figure out why the other program keeps crashing.

Wow...so 81,060 is the current high score.  Gee...I better drink lots of caffeine-induced sodas or LOTS of coffee.

I'm going to try to capture video for this one.  My setup is kinda crude and something I believe Frankenstein himself would be proud of  :rofl:

attachicon.gifDSC00059.JPG

7800 is hiding in a small cubby hole, just big enough for it.  This was a LOT of work to setup but I'm going to give it a shot.  The only sounds heard will be coming from the game itself.  

attachicon.gifDSC00060.JPG

I hope this works. 

wow all that looks like something out of a Mad-Max movie !!! .... I :wub: it !!!

18790 The best I got, for now!!!!!!! B)

:mac_alert: STRONG LANGUAGE!

I noticed you have separate controls for bombs & missiles , assuredly a more civilized and ECO-friendly way of playing 

you would THINK with 2 button capability on the 7800 you would need to use the 2 buttons but you don't

basically I run through the levels with trigger down. a more scorched-Earth approach. if you read the backstory and you know the enemy eventually wins they takes the planet back, so HAMMER -DOWN !!!!!

Great video Atari Creep!!

awesome score and video, Atari Creep  :beer: It's all about having fun.  Could you imagine all of us in the same room doing this?

I noticed you have separate controls for bombs & missiles , assuredly a more civilized and ECO-friendly way of playing 

you would THINK with 2 button capability on the 7800 you would need to use the 2 buttons but you don't

basically I run through the levels with trigger down. a more scorched-Earth approach. if you read the backstory and you know the enemy eventually wins they takes the planet back, so HAMMER -DOWN !!!!!

Thanks a ton guys!!!!!

Ya chas10e I thought about doing that but it never came naturally o me in THIS game. Other shooters will spew a hail storm of rounds where this one is slower that way, to me anyway. I love smashing the button the rapid fire as fast as I can.

:pole_position_blimp_big:  Congratulations nosweargamer!

GREAT SHOWING GUYS! Congratulations on your win nosweargamer! NSG won with 81,060 points! kamakazi20012 placed 2nd with a score of 79,280 points! We had a lot of Atari I/O Members join in for this Squad Challenge and all of you showed a great game. It was awesome to have everybody join in!! I encourage nosweargamer to post his winning Xevious high score on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:commodore_joystick: We invite all future Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going!   :commodore_joystick:  

:pow: FINAL STANDINGS  :pow:

1       nosweargamer          81,060

2       kamakazi20012         79,280

3       chas10e                     26,360

4       dauber                       25,550

5       RickR                         22,770

6       Atari Creep                18,790

7       greenween                17,130

:pole_position_blimp_big:  Congratulations nosweargamer!

GREAT SHOWING GUYS! Congratulations on your win nosweargamer! NSG won with 81,060 points! kamakazi20012 placed 2nd with a score of 79,280 points! We had a lot of Atari I/O Members join in for this Squad Challenge and all of you showed a great game. It was awesome to have everybody join in!! I encourage nosweargamer to post his winning Xevious high score on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:commodore_joystick: We invite all future Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going!   :commodore_joystick:  

:pow: FINAL STANDINGS  :pow:

1       nosweargamer          81,060

2       kamakazi20012         79,280

3       chas10e                     26,360

4       dauber                       25,550

5       RickR                         22,770

6       Atari Creep                18,790

7       greenween                17,130

WOW! I wasn't last????? Strange things a a foot!!!!!! HAHAHA