Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

That is what they cost back then, and it is most likely 1982 or 83. 

You've found one of the reasons for the big crash...imagine spending $30 in 1982 money on a really bad game like "Skeet Shoot" or "Realsports Baseball", or even something not terrible but very disappointing like Pac Man or E.T (or even Defender).  You or your parents probably decided to spend that kind of money elsewhere.  Or move on to a computer. 

Oh man, I'm so pumped to have found a BOXED Mattel Electronics Basketball WITH the instructions and foam inserts. 

Also pictured is the boxed Football 2 I already had in my collection, but that one has no instructions or foam.  I have a lot of these old handheld games, but these are two of my favorites as I had these ones as a kid back in the 70's. 

mattel electronics games 001.JPG

mattel electronics games 002.JPG

mattel electronics games 003.JPG

mattel electronics games 005.JPG

20231029_151342651_iOS.jpg.138b9421da2e60e2eae42bcbdbbeb711.jpg

Been on the lookout for Fishing Derby for a while now (yet another "read about but haven't played" title) - finally found one at an acceptable (reasonably sane?) price. The seller had several other titles for sale; these other two were impulse-purchases. 

I've heard that Champ's version of Gorf is the far superior version, but haven't tried that one out, either.  I see Mountain King evidently is an "untested" 2600+ title; not that it's a deal-breaker or anything.  The "Ram Plus" box emblem, though, leads me to believe it probably won't work.

Something fun about this old cardboard!

2 hours ago, Smell Dawg said:

Been on the lookout for Fishing Derby for a while now (yet another "read about but haven't played" title) - finally found one at an acceptable (reasonably sane?) price.

Sweet CIB. I have the cart and manual, but no box and of course, my cart is full of Actiplaque. Fishing Derby is a fun game. 👍

Note: Champ Games’ Gorf Arcade is excellent. If you’re thinking of purchasing it, make sure to get an AtariVox if you don’t already have one. The game will taunt you with 40 phrases. 

IMG_1905.jpeg

IMG_1908.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008

30 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I have the cart and manual, but no box and of course, my cart is full of Actiplaque. Fishing Derby is a fun game. 👍

You definitely got me with that patch! 😆  "What the- no way they put that out, I would remember something like that!"
Had to go look it up to make sure 😄

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

AtariAge member Machine created the missing Activision patches and a couple were actually designed by TrekMD.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/308314-atari-activision-patches-new-decals-4-27-23-cloak-dagger-cart-label-added/

I designed several of them.  😉

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Yesterday's mailbox - "the eBay special", ha.  Brain Games for me and Kirby 64 manual for the lady. 

Blaster Master for NES was a request and recommendation from an extended family member. Looks pretty fun from what I see online. It's been nearly 20 years since I've touched an NES controller, oof!  Liquidated my few NES and SNES titles long, long ago.

20231031_004507693_iOS.jpg.4628c99b382a8c4677ee35d1ad2758f7.jpg

On 10/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, RickR said:

Oh man, I'm so pumped to have found a BOXED Mattel Electronics Basketball WITH the instructions and foam inserts. 

Also pictured is the boxed Football 2 I already had in my collection, but that one has no instructions or foam.  I have a lot of these old handheld games, but these are two of my favorites as I had these ones as a kid back in the 70's. 

Great pick ups, Rick 👍

I didn't even know there was a Mattel Basketball handheld. I've been wanting to get the football game. I played it a ton as a kid, but it was my friend's. I'm not sure why I never got my own... probably because no dinero, sadly 😂 Too many interests and a wallet that was too small.

Did someone re-release these Mattel handhelds? I thought I saw new ones in a store.

Edited by socrates63

I don't ever recall playing Avalon Hill games during the 80s, but I do recall seeing their magazine ads. The box art always grabbed me and seeing these games take me back. I'm happy to have added this title (which I had never heard of) to join Telengard and Legionnaire in my collection. I think the type of material used for the boxes and the art themselves really reflect the table top war gaming history of the company. There are a few more that I'd like to add in the future. This one included the registration card and catalog. It'll be fun to peruse the catalog and see what was released.

IMG_1218.jpeg.93b3fdf628821a24f1b596089622ad1c.jpeg

I'm also excited to add more 5200 controller options. While I already have an adapter by ikongr which serves the same function for Sega controllers, I love the the fact that these come in 5200 cartridge cases. And perhaps the most important point for me is that one of these supports 7800 controllers for use with the 5200. This means I can use my 4/8 Edladdin controller with my 5200! I have never seen an adapter that supported 7800 controllers for use with the 5200.

I would have gotten two 7800 adapters but I bought the last one with this order. Hopefully, early next year, I will place an order for Edladdin's twin stick controller, and with a second 7800 Redemption adapter, I can have ultimate twin stick Space Dungeon experience.

IMG_1217.jpeg.4c08558b0afc06efd2ff22cfd23868d1.jpeg

6 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I would have gotten two 7800 adapters but I bought the last one with this order. Hopefully, early next year, I will place an order for Edladdin's twin stick controller, and with a second 7800 Redemption adapter, I can have ultimate twin stick Space Dungeon experience.

I have a couple of Masterplay clones that I use for Space Dungeon. Here’s an old pic of the setup.

IMG_2096.jpeg

IMG_1014.jpeg

I just grabbed the last green (7800 controller support). I'm guessing Matt will probably make more. I grabbed the last green with my first order, and he made more after that.

I also read on Facebook that the Masterplay clones supports paddles for use with the 5200? Is that right? Having paddle support on the 5200 would be very cool.

Edited by socrates63

13 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

I just grabbed the last green (7800 controller support). I'm guessing Matt will probably make more. I grabbed the last green with my first order, and he made more after that.

I also read on Facebook that the Masterplay clones supports paddles for use with the 5200? Is that right? Having paddle support on the 5200 would be very cool.

Another option is to take a good working 2600 paddle controller and retrofit it into a 5200 controller. I did that for a client about a year ago. It turned out pretty slick and looked like it was factory made.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections