Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

On 10/6/2023 at 1:01 PM, sramirez2008 said:

It has arrived! I can’t wait to play Stramash Zone with this baby.

*** Shout-out to https://tenpencearcade.co.uk/controllers-for-sale/ for this wonderful controller. I also have his Asteroids controller and can't say enough about the build quality of these his controllers and how well they work. They really provide that arcade like experience. You can buy with confidence. 

IMG_1620.jpeg

Very nice, Steve! I'm also a huge believer in the role of controllers and the playing experience. When I dig more into the Vectrex, I will have to get one of these.

I recently got the track ball controller (which I forgot to post) and need to get the track ball games. Maybe they're already on one of the multi-carts I have.

11 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I recently got the track ball controller (which I forgot to post)

I need to get in on this if/when more are made.

11 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Maybe they're already on one of the multi-carts I have.

I have "Spinner" games on a couple of Spin Cart Multicarts (that's why I have a spinner controller too), but I thought I had TB games on a cart too. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to check the carts. 

Not a recent purchase, but I have a ColecoVision Expansion Module #1 too. I like to play Atari on all of my consoles. I've had my ColecoVision for less than 2 years now, but have to admit that I really like most of their arcade ports. Not a fan of the OG controllers, but I have plenty of other options today.🙂

image.png.0fa8f603c8776b6fd0b8ffc0d5fc86b4.png

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Not a fan of the OG controllers, but I have plenty of other options today.

Just adding ball tops to the controllers is enough to make them much more usable at that point! Highly recommended as I didn't care for the OG feel either.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Mail call -- After looking for years, I finally found a copy of Rogue by Epyx (for a price I could accept). I loved the original char based game, and Rogue by Epyx is a great update of the original. Sword of Fargoal (for iOS) is the game that I found was closest to the spirit and game play of Rogue. I cringe whenever I see "rogue-like" to describe many modern games They don't look nor feel anything like Rogue.

Rogue and Empire by Interstel were the games that occupied most of my gaming time on the Atari ST. What are your favorites from that era?

IMG_1127.jpeg.be76a912c264bb9085105cee26a421aa.jpeg

12 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Mail call -- After looking for years, I finally found a copy of Rogue by Epyx (for a price I could accept). I loved the original char based game, and Rogue by Epyx is a great update of the original. Sword of Fargoal (for iOS) is the game that I found was closest to the spirit and game play of Rogue. I cringe whenever I see "rogue-like" to describe many modern games They don't look nor feel anything like Rogue.

Rogue and Empire by Interstel were the games that occupied most of my gaming time on the Atari ST. What are your favorites from that era?

IMG_1127.jpeg.be76a912c264bb9085105cee26a421aa.jpeg

Hold on a sec....Isn't "Rogue" the really old ASCII based adventure game?  I played a ton of that on the Commodore PET in high school.  I had no idea they made a commercial version later.  Is it still the same game with crude graphics? 

6 hours ago, RickR said:

Hold on a sec....Isn't "Rogue" the really old ASCII based adventure game?  I played a ton of that on the Commodore PET in high school.  I had no idea they made a commercial version later.  Is it still the same game with crude graphics? 

Yes, Rogue is that old character graphics game, and it was commercialized with updated graphics. I can't remember whether the game lets you switch back and forth between the new graphics and the original. I'm not sure whether the game is completely true to the original or there were game play changes made, but it retains the feel of the original game mechanics.

image.png.5bc785ce78f81aa5d301da1b94d3ce51.png

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

The Galactica has arrived.

❤️ oooh -- love die cast models and that sounds like the perfect size. I had a plastic Viper as a kid that I loved.

This incredible die-cast Galactica (TOS) measures approx 10.5 inches long and is brought to life in die-cast metal and high-quality ABS materials. (from the wiki)

31 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

❤️ oooh -- love die cast models and that sounds like the perfect size. I had a plastic Viper as a kid that I loved.

This incredible die-cast Galactica (TOS) measures approx 10.5 inches long and is brought to life in die-cast metal and high-quality ABS materials. (from the wiki)

4 days left if anyone is considering this model. https://www.masterreplicas.com/en-us/products/battlestar-galactica-classic

IMG_1720.png

Edited by sramirez2008