Squad Challenge - Megamania (Atari 2600)

Justin

On 1/1/2022 at 6:13 PM, RickR said:

38,180.  Those space hamburgers aren't going to shoot themselves. 

mm and bt 002.JPG

When @RickRposted this about the Hamburgers I thought he was kidding.  Then I read the instructions in PDF format.  Nope.  Some kid got bored and decided to Nerf gun everything in the house!  Ha

Haven't been able to find a working copy of Megamania but wanted to join you guys in this Squad Challenge. I'm going to be playing Megamana on Virtual Atari which you can play here if you'd like: http://www.virtualatari.org/soft.php?soft=Megamania

This is my first time playing Megamania in a long time. I forgot how simple and fun this game is! Here's to hoping my score improves from here :Nolan_Bushnell:

My High Score: 10,460

IMG_6828.JPG

4 hours ago, Justin said:

Haven't been able to find a working copy of Megamania but wanted to join you guys in this Squad Challenge. I'm going to be playing Megamana on Virtual Atari which you can play here if you'd like: http://www.virtualatari.org/soft.php?soft=Megamania

This is my first time playing Megamania in a long time. I forgot how simple and fun this game is! Here's to hoping my score improves from here :Nolan_Bushnell:

My High Score: 10,460

IMG_6828.JPG

Fun? Yes.  Simple?  You're funny.  Hard as nails, man.  Just when you think you're in your zone, WHAM!  Another one bites the dust 😜.  It's very easy to misjudge where you are in relation to where their shots are.  And some enemy stages are setup to where if you don't clear yourself out a path they will get you.  Hard but very addictive.  I'm loving it.

1 hour ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

It's too bad Activision doesn't continue their patch legacy. I'd love to have one.  I think they are nice.  Then again a Call of Duty patch might not be as cool as these 2600 game patches.

You can buy reproductions for really fair prices:

I have bought several with the intent of creating a framed montage.  But I haven't yet found the time to complete that project.  And speaking of COD, I actually have a framed set of CoD patches that I bought on eBay to use as a template for my project.