Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

@RickR  I think you'll be busy too.  Thanks again for meeting up with me and giving them a great home.

Yes.  The O2 games are pictured in your other thread.  For now, they remain in my garage for a few days until I finish up other projects.  Thanks again.  This evening, I worked in the yard and now I'm just about pooped. 

Wow @RickR that's quite the haul and the boxes look superb! 👍 👏 ❤️

Here are games I picked up today from yesterday's claim sale in a local gamer's group. Nothing amazing but happy to pick up some Genesis games with product and movie ties. The fun thing about these local gamer sales has been the opportunity to meet in person the people you've interacted with online.

IMG_0716.JPG.b57dbd388e097a6023f115f2de05a520.JPG IMG_0717.JPG.3608671e4a3affe1004f13d0b4c0fac4.JPG

I’m so flipping happy right now. I’ve been looking for this game for years and years. I finally found a copy of it! I got this from a different game store than the one I usually go to. The save battery is dead (I wish the store told me that beforehand but no biggie), but at least I have a copy of it. I now own physical copies of every 2D Metroid game! Now I just have to wait for Dread to come out…

0D83F352-050F-4684-AD41-1CF491463A2F.jpeg.cfbc608d25d805a1c8cbf8b71a05481c.jpeg7AC80E90-A464-42C4-8297-2F2D8D248BE5.jpeg.ce9c26f96e0ac722cede6548bea569a0.jpeg

On 8/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, RickR said:

Boxes for the Atari 2600!  I can add my loose carts/manuals to these nice empty boxes to make them complete.  Please note:  I do not own Radar Lock or Moto Rodeo.  Who has these carts for sale?

Atari boxes 002.JPG

It must have been difficult to find those last three boxes on the bottom of the screen, especially for "Fire Fly." that is a very rare game. The box, rarer I am sure. :O)

@socrates63and @TrekMD, you both got really nice stuff there.  Enjoy! 

The PS2 and XBOX stuff is really cool IMO.  Those are two of my favorite systems!

And how cool is that Intellivision homebrew?  Really nice that you're supporting the dev community.  I really love the full package with the box, instructions, and overlay. 

📪 call! I bought a new Atari 8-bit game for the first time since the 80s -- Attack of the PETSCII Robots by The 8-Bit Guy. How cool is that?!? It feels a little weird getting a new game in 2021 for a forty year old computer. My brain is spinning with memories of me visiting Toys R Us, Egghead, and Software Etc. shopping for games.

The biggest reason I decided to buy this game was because of its association with the Commodore PET, the very first computer I used in school back in seventh grade (sixth graders weren't allowed to use it). The back of the box even has a photo of the PET ❤ 

Now I just need to set up my 800XL (how many times have I said this?) which I was planning to do this summer and now fall is almost here. Well, autumn is as good a time as any.

IMG_0826.JPG.5a8da2b9b0d0762013d854b7d144ff58.JPG

10 hours ago, socrates63 said:
📪 call! I bought a new Atari 8-bit game for the first time since the 80s -- Attack of the PETSCII Robots by The 8-Bit Guy. How cool is that?!? It feels a little weird getting a new game in 2021 for a forty year old computer. My brain is spinning with memories of me visiting Toys R Us, Egghead, and Software Etc. shopping for games.

The biggest reason I decided to buy this game was because of its association with the Commodore PET, the very first computer I used in school back in seventh grade (sixth graders weren't allowed to use it). The back of the box even has a photo of the PET ❤ 

Now I just need to set up my 800XL (how many times have I said this?) which I was planning to do this summer and now fall is almost here. Well, autumn is as good a time as any.

This is so cool and I've been considering doing the same thing. 

I enjoyed the 8 Bit Guy's video series on making the game for various systems and was fascinated with the limitations for color on the Atari version.  When I take the plunge, I'm probably going with the C64 version.  I'm with you on the PET connection -- that was my first computer experience in high school.  I was thinking about the VIC-20 version, but hooking up a disk drive there is really clunky. 

UPDATE:  It looks like you can buy just the digital download and the boxed copies come with that as well. 

https://www.the8bitguy.com/product/petscii-robots-for-atari/

Edited by RickR

I got these (Super Fire Pro Wrestling, Gradius, Xevious) last week from a local gamer. He mostly sells JP imports, and they're usually cheap (under $10 for loose cartridges). I don't have a Famicom nor Super Famicom, but I just love the cartridges and box art. I now have 4 SFC (all in boxes) and 6 FC games in my collection.

With a perm and make up, I think I could pull off that wrestler look this Halloween 😂

IMG_0828.JPG.16b5c0ad6428959488584208522ee219.JPG

Edited by socrates63

On 9/9/2021 at 12:30 AM, socrates63 said:

I also purchased this and I think mine came in around the same time. I do wish they could have found a way to put some color into it as we know the Atari 8-bits could pull it off and the sounds are good but the music... well, I don't listen to it and I guess that is the reason it is turned off by default. Still the game is a lot of fun and I'm still trying to find the best way to get through the first map. I don't have any working disk drives for my 130xe so I've been playing the digital ATR of the game Dave includes on my Uno. Also, why didn't they are least have the game support standard joystick controls for at least moving around and have the button double so that a single press could activate whatever item you are holding, but press and hold the button plus a control would fire the weapons? I've not had an instance where we needed to shoot on the move yet although I'm sure that could be a thing on later maps.

I saw on FB where Dave mentioned someone is thinking of porting this to the 5200 but they aren't sure there is enough demand for it with cartridges needing to be made. Although I think many 5200 gamers also have the Atarimax carts they could use to play it as well. Still though, if the game requires 48k on the Atari, they would have to be pretty creative with porting it over to the 5200 and its 16k RAM limitation. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

On 9/11/2021 at 3:14 PM, TrekMD said:

Got these over the past week...

Vectrex_(74).jpg

I paid for my Jason Vec Multicart like 3 weeks ago and still waiting on it. Not that I need it as I own 2 other multicarts for the Vectrex already LOL. Still anything Vectrex is cool and always worthy of owning.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

@CrossBow awesome points regarding the PETSCII game. I hope those points have been shared with The 8-Bit Guy as well.

Regarding Jason's multicart, it took three months for me to get confirmation and payment info from him after I messaged him that I wanted one. After payment, another three months went by before he messaged me to tell me that my cartridge was shipping by end of the week. So, unless his production schedule has improved, you may have to wait quite a while longer 🙃😂

RE:  "PETSCII Robots" and the lack of color on the Atari port.  In his video, he explains that he and the developer that did the port decided to use text mode for the game (as that's what all the other versions use), and the Atari cannot do multi-color text.  It's a limitation I remember from when I first got my 800XL (upgraded from a VIC-20).  That's why I'm going to go with the C64 version.