Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

Not a pick up exactly, but I won a signed Evercade as part of a fundraiser drawing that Blaze sponsored for a UK charity. 

Its the black ltd. edition UK market premium pack that comes with Namco Museum Collection 1. We got Data East in the US. 

I'm a big fan of the Evercade and have the Vs pre-ordered through Songbird. It's cool to have both handheld variations! 

IMG_20211107_074912_920.jpg

IMG_20211107_074913_059.jpg

IMG_20211107_074913_072.jpg

3 hours ago, RickR said:

This is kind of a weird one, but I've got myself a gigantic 27" display for my personal desktop.

monitor 003.JPG

I actually use a 27" 4K as my main PC display and have for about 2 years now I guess? My and I each have one. I would like to use additional monitors as I do at work, but I simply haven't the room on my desk for it.

I did pick up an old (Made in 2006) Dell LCD 4:3 24" last week for use on the work bench. It has composite, s-video, VGA, and DVI inputs it can accept. I'm not sure if I will actually use over the my other setup though as the s-video from it isn't as good as what I get from other stuff and as it doesn't have any audio inputs, I still have to use my small CRT next to it for pipe in audio. So... ehh.. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

1 minute ago, CrossBow said:

I actually use a 27" 4K as my main PC display and have for about 2 years now I guess? My and I each have one. I would like to use additional monitors as I do at work, but I simply haven't the room on my desk for it.

I did pick up an old (Made in 2006) Dell LCD 4:3 24" last week for use on the work bench. It has composite, s-video, VGA, and DVI inputs it can accept. I'm not sure if I will actually use over the my other setup though as the s-video from it isn't as good as what I get from other stuff and as it doesn't have any audio inputs, I still have to use my small CRT next to it for pipe in audio. So... ehh.. 

My main concern is the lack of space, as I need two monitors for work (and you can see them on the right) and also I'd like to upgrade one work monitor to a higher resolution to be more productive with the snipping activity I have to do once a month.  I may return the 27 if it doesn't fit. 

23 minutes ago, RickR said:

My main concern is the lack of space, as I need two monitors for work (and you can see them on the right) and also I'd like to upgrade one work monitor to a higher resolution to be more productive with the snipping activity I have to do once a month.  I may return the 27 if it doesn't fit. 

At work on my desk there I have quite a bit more space and use another 27" as my main display (only 1080P on that one), with the other being the 15.6" that the laptops we use as our computers hardly ever being used.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I really like quite a few of the games on the Jag. I think the Jag's version of Wolf3D is the best one to play and I also really enjoyed Iron Soldier and I-War. I got pretty far in Battlemorph.

Tempest 2k is a no brainer too! And I really liked Lamatron so you will have a lot of fun with it too. I find it to be more fun than the game it is strongly influenced by of course and I know I'm likely to catch some crap for that.

Edited by CrossBow

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Doom is another great title on the Jaguar.  It does not have in-game music but that adds to the ambiance, particularly if you play it in a dark room. 

You say this only because you haven't played the new 32x rom hacked version called Doom 32x Resurrection. It has some of the best FM music for the game I've heard, much better and cleaner sound effects, runs at a larger screen with little to no slowdown, and... They included the levels from the Jag version into it and I believe maybe a few more? Also the enemies aren't always facing you just like on the Jag and PC versions. So... what I'm saying is...

Aside from the Playstation version, I think it might be the next best console port of the game now. I know... I know that is some big talk but you have to check it out if you have an Everdrive that can run 32x roms with a 32x on your Genesis. I've tried to capture some live streaming from it, but had to reduce the stream settings a bunch and it still wasn't quite showing as good as it really is.

@RickR - You can't go wrong with IS, Tempest 2K, Wolf3D or Doom on the Jaguar! Let us know what you think when you kick the tires on IS and the Minter collection! 

@CrossBow - have you seen the work on Doom:Slayer Edition for the Jag? Pretty cool to see these more complete hacks coming out after all of these years. 

12 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

@CrossBow - have you seen the work on Doom:Slayer Edition for the Jag? Pretty cool to see these more complete hacks coming out after all of these years. 

I've read what there is posted on it yes and I'm anxious to see if it actually get a public release when it is finished. But yeah people are even discussing the cart needs to try to get this new hacked 32x version of the game onto physical metal because it really redeems the 32x in a way I didn't think was even possible!

20 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Let us know what you think when you kick the tires on IS and the Minter collection! 

I started with the Minter Collection today and had a lot of fun with it.  The sound effects are a crack-up.  And I love how you gotta play one more round of the Llama Robotron to see what kind of enemies will appear next.  Wild fun.

Iron Soldier looks like a really good one.  I love the comic book art work in the game (demo/start/in-between scenes).  This one feels right up my alley and I think it's going to end up being my favorite so far. 

Tonight, I attended a game trading night hosted by a local gamer who is getting ready to open a game store. Since he hasn't set up the inside of the store yet and it's sitting empty, he invited people over. I was only expecting to see around a dozen people but more than thirty came. It was my first ever game trading/selling gathering. People bought stuff from me, and I also made a few trades. It was a very cool experience.

I picked up a bunch of import games for cheap. I'm very happy to have added to my IntelliVoice games library. It's a complete copy with overlays. Stargate is an empty box in very good condition that I got for free for buying the Intellivision game.

IMG_1023.JPG.583c6cebcb0c46c8fd7a2d8e3956c247.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG.31978e0cdd5f90fa4ba8b81f001dfb77.JPG

IMG_1025.JPG.a7dab9f337f3dd91837ec5fd5e6ff630.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG.b6840fbb958551a946c505cc967fcb2e.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG.a4fa9d1d8fce89f5c1f217122dfb3cbc.JPG