Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

7 hours ago, RickR said:

An update on my switch to a FitBit smartwatch. 

Remember how I said I prefer the old non-smart watches?  We'll, I've converted my thinking.  After a week, I've decided I really like the smart watch very much.  I'm not going back.  Some thoughts:

• Battery life - on mine is about 4 days.  I just charge it at night.  No issue. 
  • Changing the watch face.  I love this.  I can change it whenever I feel like it.  I have Star Trek now.  I may go Star Wars or something else later.  All free.
  • Health benefits -- I underestimated this.  I've been a lot more active since I started wearing this watch.  Try to get to 5000 steps per day.  I feel good! 
  • Heart rate monitor.  This part is pretty sweet.  I figure I can print out a graph and take it to my doc appointments.  My "standing heart rate" is 75.  Normal for a person my age.  But I'm going to try to get it lower by doing more aerobic exercises. 
  • Apps - I still don't really care about adding apps.  I've turned off all notifications. 

Your mileage may vary, but for me, this has been a very nice change. 

image.png.5f2f73473e6074e33cfeeaf515d91d52.pngH

Okay, I have three questions. 1) How much?  2) Where did you get the Star Trek display?  3) Does it share your fitness data over the Internet? (Possibly to be used against you for insurance purposes later).

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

Yes!  I got it specifically for the 5200 High Score challenges.  It's a fantastic concept, hooks up to either composite or S-Video (UAV Mod) and outputs on HDMI.  It records directly to an SD card which you can transfer to the PC for editing.  HOWEVER, while it may be good for VCR's, it has an "issue" that I addressed in the review I made about it.  It's not a glowing review either, however I've decided to live with the issue.

Here is the review...

If you don't mind the distortion, you can buy one << HERE >>

I had wondered about that device. I had considered it at one time because my systems are all unmodded. I figured if it could capture what a VCR displays then an old game console played through a VCR shouldn't be a problem either. 

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

Okay, I have three questions. 1) How much?  2) Where did you get the Star Trek display?  3) Does it share your fitness data over the Internet? (Possibly to be used against you for insurance purposes later).

1. The Fitbit Versa is $130
  2. The Fitbit app has watch faces and apps to install.  It works like the Google Play Store app.  Most of the stuff is completely free. 
  3. Your account is on the internet, but privacy settings currently do not allow sharing without consent. 

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

Yes!  I got it specifically for the 5200 High Score challenges.  It's a fantastic concept, hooks up to either composite or S-Video (UAV Mod) and outputs on HDMI.  It records directly to an SD card which you can transfer to the PC for editing.  HOWEVER, while it may be good for VCR's, it has an "issue" that I addressed in the review I made about it.  It's not a glowing review either, however I've decided to live with the issue.

Here is the review...

I had wondered about that device. I had considered it at one time because my systems are all unmodded. I figured if it could capture what a VCR displays then an old game console played through a VCR shouldn't be a problem either. 

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

Here is the review...

On 1/22/2022 at 11:11 PM, TrekMD said:

Got these this week...

Intellivision_(95).jpg

Intellivision_(94).jpg

I didn't pick up Gorf as I'm not a huge fan of the game. But I did pick up Gooninuff and that one is some really good fun! Not sure if there is an ending to it, but I think I got up to level 4 on my last play of the game during a live stream sometime back.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Posted your latest/recent pickup!"

Clint Thompson was awarded the badge 'Pickup Artist' and 1 points.

10/10! 🙌

Thanks so much @Video 61 for making these available and selling me a set! Oddly I find that I dont' have a single Pro-Line stick lol but I'll have to order one of those somewhere someday. Hopefully you'll get another 7800 Trak Ball in stock... think my 78 controls will be complete after that!

cx30evolved.jpg.fc4f1107b259b00ffeb1eccc7cc9a417.jpg

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

2 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

10/10! 🙌

Thanks so much @Video 61 for making these available and selling me a set! Oddly I find that I dont' have a single Pro-Line stick lol but I'll have to order one of those somewhere someday. Hopefully you'll get another 7800 Trak Ball in stock... think my 78 controls will be complete after that!

cx30evolved.jpg.fc4f1107b259b00ffeb1eccc7cc9a417.jpg

hi clint,

you are welcome, and thanks!

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

My latest pick ups -- the PS2 and Xbox games come from a FB group claim sale by a local gamer and the rest from a whatnot auction hosted by another local gamer (who was featured in a Metal Jesus Rocks video last year).

I don't even have a Saturn but decided to grab this Falcom compilation. I guess a Saturn is in my future 🙂 but given the cost of Saturn games, I'm not holding my breath on adding NTSC games to the collection.

IMG_1164.JPG.5ca03b912df45b7bf2c773e8d54bd2b9.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG.5d5ae9f8b76e2c36bdecc044b93c2016.JPG

Edited by socrates63

14 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

Finally after about a month shipped from Slovakia, the UnoCart for my XE/XEGS arrived so now I can play a ton of XEX, ATR and other goodies....

xegames.jpg.bf1fa633019b7dd1c4ae810b836e095e.jpg

Why didn't you just order one from The Brewing Academy? Are the out of stock there or something? That is where I got my Uno for my 130xe, but found out later it has some issues with some ATRs and XEX and so I find myself using my FujiNet 90% of the time now.

My only issue besides the compatibility, is the 3D printed case that TBA provides. I ended up spending more money for a much better quality 3D printed case to house both my Uno and FinalGrom carts in.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

12 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

@CrossBow Want to say I had checked but since the price was almost double, I didn't mind waiting.

Price was double? How much did you pay then if you don't mind my asking? I think when I bought m UNO from TBA it was only about $50 at the time and just a tad more with shipping so I felt that was a pretty good price. 

The UNO is really nice but I've found a few disk images that it just simply doesn't seem to want to work with. As a result, I've found myself using my FujiNet more these days. But I still pop in the Uno when I need to load up something fast! I also ended up getting a replacement case for mine as the original case from TBA.... didn't last long. The case on the one you received looks pretty nice!

These just a few more recent pickups from last month and this month so far.

2-2022_Pickups.jpg.f2c9a2caeac30c0cc5a85b2a276702ec.jpg

The cable on the lower right is an s-video and audio output cable for the Atari 8-bit computers that I had made from Hercules cables out of Canada. Was hoping it would resolve or help with my vertical bars issue on s-video output from my 130xe, but sadly that was not to be...