Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

@TrekMD you get the most interesting stuff! I'll have to check out that Lynx homebrew ❤️

Here are my recent pick-ups.

• six GB games from someone in a local gaming group
  • Lynx homebrews from Songbird. Another gamer posted that he bought Wyvern Tales. I had it on my wishlist, and he told me that only one copy remained, so I got the last copy of this batch.
  • GB and Playstation games from ebay
  • Switch OLED model mount by Fixture Gaming with John Riggs skin. I picked it up at PAX (the only thing I got at PAX this year). I was pleasantly surprised to see the mount for the OLED Switch at Fixture's booth as it's not yet listed on their website. In my rush in and out of the house, 🤦‍♂️ I can't remember where I put the box and holder so here's a placeholder photo.

IMG_1744.JPG.0ebf61b016a1af6cdb5eb6f99b0cd6a3.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG.7b4ad0f93bfeb54826ffaacb465beca4.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG.1822ce85d79c84dab339ef25e64dab2e.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG.f7c49e3c31edbf162c7df0775619c7f3.JPG

FW631axXwAA804F.jpeg.4d12c08c9a3e3ecf223e3848e72aa6f5.jpeg

10 hours ago, RickR said:

A new video card for my desktop PC.  One benefit of the crypto-crash is that video card prices are back down to normal. 

video card 001.JPG

Very nice card! 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I might consider a new video card in the future.  Although I've not been looking and don't know what the best for the price point would be.  I only have a GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB of RAM onboard and while it's seems to fill my needs, I could use this as an excuse to pass this one on to my son who is currently using integrated graphics on his PC's motherboard.

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

3 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

I might consider a new video card in the future.  Although I've not been looking and don't know what the best for the price point would be.  I only have a GeForce GTX 1061 with 6GB of RAM onboard and while it's seems to fill my needs, I could use this as an excuse to pass this one on to my son who is currently integrated graphics on his PC's motherboard.

Im going to have to get one myself at some point.  Epic Games has been giving away games requiring a Direct X12 card and I have a DX11 model.  The rest of my system is very capable. 1 or 2 GB VRAM would work for me.

10 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Im going to have to get one myself at some point.  Epic Games has been giving away games requiring a Direct X12 card and I have a DX11 model.  The rest of my system is very capable. 1 or 2 GB VRAM would work for me.

My old card is on ebay now.  It's a Radeon R9-285 2GB.  DX12.  Hit me up if interested.  Big Atari.io discount. 

GPUZ R9-285.gif

Edited by RickR

12 hours ago, RickR said:

1060 is still a good card. 

Glad to hear it.  I got online yesterday and started looking at other newer cards, but then I'd have to get a 4K monitor to really use their potential, and they are not exactly cheap either.  I guess I'll re-evaluate in a couple more years.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 10/15/2022 at 6:15 PM, DegasElite said:

I never knew a FujiNet could do that. I knew it had online capabilities. But, I never knew it could create PDFs. Nice feature! :O)

The TI-99/4A with the TIPI device does that.  Whatever you print goes directly to the PDFs directory, then you can access it via WiFi to the mapped drive and either view or print to a modern printer from your PC.

PDF.JPG.86a7db8f6ee9aa1b2095afb110f28f64.JPG

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

9 hours ago, - Ω - said:

The TI-99/4A with the TIPI device does that.  Whatever you print goes directly to the PDFs directory, then you can access it via WiFi to the mapped drive and either view or print to a modern printer from your PC.

PDF.JPG.86a7db8f6ee9aa1b2095afb110f28f64.JPG

Interesting stuff. That would help me if I had a FujiNet. I have a 130XE computer, so that would be a welcome addition to my Atari setup. :O)

My latest pickups are of course from PRGE 2022! I didn't get as much this year as I have in the past, but that was mostly due to just being very busy the entire weekend and also a lack of space in my suitcase for the return trip home. Additionally, I had a heads up that some of the new releases at AtariAge might not actually be available and boxes not available so I decided to wait until everything is in the store later for other stuff I'm wanting to get. That said...here is what I did grab.

First up is a new Atari 8-bit game from the AtariAge booth. I already own Adventure II with all the feelies for the 5200, but I know that Ron made some refinements to the game on this newer XE release and I just couldn't say no to that box art! The other 3 are new releases from the Intellivision Revolution booth. And yes, that Raiders is indeed a remake of the 2600 game but with enhanced Intelly graphics! Parsec is a port of the Ti-99 game and even retains the Ti logo in the background and makes use of the Intellivoice module!

prge22_pickups1.jpg.6f406ba8427961612463eea6c7045540.jpg

These are my pickups mainly from the AtariAge booth. I was able to get the new release of Popeye for the 7800, along with Gorf Arcade for the 2600 and one of only about a dozen available working carts of Petscii Robots for the 7800. Petscii comes with a new SNES 2 Atari adapter that as the name implies, allows you to use the SNES controller with the game on a 7800. Astro Grover I picked up from John Hancock's booth and is one of the original 50 released and sold back during PRGE 2012. And I was even able to hand out a few of my new ITC cards to folks that were interested in console upgrades and services.

prge22_pickups2.jpg.1b2ec8c0a80f1854e6684984b7271223.jpg

The last of my pickups came from the AA booth, Songbird, and another vendor that had some excellent prices on games and hardware. I picked up Asteroite for the Jaguar, a Jaguar Gamedrive (My biggest purchase of the event), one of Fred's latest Concerto's with a HOKEY chip pre-installed, an extra HOKEY to use in whatever I want, an extra AtariVox+ for use mainly with my Vectrex, and then an interesting but very decent controller and the Mr. Do and manual for the 2600. To give an idea on pricing, the Mr. Do with the manual was only $15. That was a great price and I saw at least one other Mr. Do at the event sans manual and with a much worse label that a vendor was asking $40 for?! 

prge22_pickups3.jpg.ba7e4737ffc319ee69c6756ccc2a54b8.jpg

So yeah, I didn't pick up that much but I still manage to spend about what I always do all the same LOL!

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections