Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

Thank you.  To answer your question, @Sabertoothboth are excellent versions.  RubyQ is the best version you can get on the 2600 and it even has some added features that are not present on b*nQ.  There's a demo you can try.  I'm attaching it here.

rubyQ.bin

Edited by TrekMD

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

With Atari's recent flash sales, my ridiculous speakerhat collection is now complete!

Clockwise from upper left:

- Blue Snapback

- Bladerunner 2049 Ltd. Edition

- Black Snapback

- Fuji Blackout

They are surprisingly nice and sound decent for podcasts, YouTube and calls when paired to a phone. I wouldn't pay retail but for the sale prices it was a good deal.

IMG_20230107_165733.jpg

Edited by Sabertooth

On 1/6/2023 at 3:45 PM, Sabertooth said:

I would love to hear what you think of think about the quality. This is essentially what the Atari 50 mini-cab will be.

I finally had a chance to open this thing and give it a try.

Overall, I'd say it's going to be a lot of fun with just a few minor issues.

The controls work well, given their small size.  I really like the little joystick.  It isn't clicky, nor are the buttons, but they are responsive.  The selection of games is pretty unique, with some favorites and some I've never heard of.  It will be fun to try them all out.  The screen is nice and bright and it's easy to see details.  I like the lighting on the coin slot.  The sound is nice and clear.  The emulation seems spot-on.  I haven't noticed any stutters or speed issues. 

On the downside...they made the screen orientation wrong!  The games default to a "stretched" view.  They do allow you to change the aspect ratio, but then the game screens are smaller and a little harder to see, and it doesn't "remember" your choice once you turn the unit off.  Some games have weird controls.  For example, Heavy Barrel is supposed to have a spinner.  Here, you use two of the buttons to rotate.  Not ideal.  Still fun. 

At the price I paid, I'm happy. 

PXL_20230116_010255109.MP.jpg

Edited by RickR

2 hours ago, CrossBow said:

After almost 4 months to the day from my original shipping notification...these finally arrived just today.

longplay_intv_controllers.jpg.6c84eb55a7a1f6d348ab38d1cc18642c.jpg

So cool. I only have an INTV II, not the greatest controllers, let us know how well those work! 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

4 hours ago, CrossBow said:

After almost 4 months to the day from my original shipping notification...these finally arrived just today.

longplay_intv_controllers.jpg.6c84eb55a7a1f6d348ab38d1cc18642c.jpg

I feel like this is the exact sort of thing the Amico guys could've put some effort into with supporting the original Intellivision user base. By comparison doing something like this would've been an easy side project to get out, and rewarding to people who love Intellivision and could play it right away. These controllers look awesome @CrossBow I hope they earn a good review from you and serve you for years to come.

Thought some might appreciate, just watched this breakdown of these controllers, even a tear down to see how it all ticks!

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

After a couple of years of wanting it, I finally added the cartridge display for the classic Atari 2600 game Adventure… and now, I can’t find the loose cartridge I bought over a year ago just for this display 🤦‍♂️ 😂 I’m sure it’ll turn up soon when I reorganized my room. 

The Adventure cartridge holder is the one that I wanted most, but I don’t know why it took me this long to get it. This is my fourth cartridge display from TD Shop. I think I shared photos of them here before. I just love these and really appreciate the creativity that highlight the games.

You can get these from Etsy. There are way more stuff for sale than 2600 cartridge holders. Check it out.

I’m still waiting for a cartridge display case for Cosmic Commuter since there’s very little chance that I’ll acquire a CIB copy (costs north of $175 and hard to find). My loose cartridge looks naked 😂

https://www.etsy.com/shop/thetdshop 

F96B6AB9-C8D0-44A5-BE2E-719471EC17FA.jpeg.50c467c51f190e7a882b656e9efc14aa.jpeg

23722A68-6D46-433D-8BCB-ABA5FF1D2FCC.jpeg.829a9511e34a31145a67c2be771ee6c0.jpeg

On 1/19/2023 at 7:43 PM, socrates63 said:

After a couple of years of wanting it, I finally added the cartridge display for the classic Atari 2600 game Adventure… and now, I can’t find the loose cartridge I bought over a year ago just for this display 🤦‍♂️ 😂 I’m sure it’ll turn up soon when I reorganized my room. 

The Adventure cartridge holder is the one that I wanted most, but I don’t know why it took me this long to get it. This is my fourth cartridge display from TD Shop. I think I shared photos of them here before. I just love these and really appreciate the creativity that highlight the games.

You can get these from Etsy. There are way more stuff for sale than 2600 cartridge holders. Check it out.

I’m still waiting for a cartridge display case for Cosmic Commuter since there’s very little chance that I’ll acquire a CIB copy (costs north of $175 and hard to find). My loose cartridge looks naked 😂

https://www.etsy.com/shop/thetdshop 

F96B6AB9-C8D0-44A5-BE2E-719471EC17FA.jpeg.50c467c51f190e7a882b656e9efc14aa.jpeg

23722A68-6D46-433D-8BCB-ABA5FF1D2FCC.jpeg.829a9511e34a31145a67c2be771ee6c0.jpeg

Very cool!

Some recent pickups. 

• Gameboy Donkey Kong and PS3 Heavy Rain are from a Habitat for Humanity resale store.  I also got a nice light fixture and a sweet Alienware keyboard
  • PS2 P4 was a Christmas gift
  • The Happy Meal toys are from sharing a small meal with my mom.  She said I could have her toy (she got Mario!) 

game pickups 001.JPG

On 1/22/2023 at 9:19 PM, TrekMD said:

I've only had one item arrive that is gaming related...

GameCube (3c).jpg

Hopefully it works better than their previous controllers have? I've got their Dreamcast and combo Genesis/Saturn controller. The Dreamcast one nearly works properly but on some games, I've found it doesn't register all the way to the left as it should. As an example in the game Gauntlet legends, when you move the analog to the far edges, your character will run. But with their DC controller I wasn't able to get that to work in the left direction. 

Their combo Genesis/Saturn controller gave me similar issues with the Saturn functionality. It works fine for Genesis use but I've relegated that controller to the work lab instead.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections