Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

12 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Last Saturday, I dropped by the local shop run by a member of the local gaming community. I added a couple of Tetris spin-offs--Tetris Blast and Tetris Attack--for the Game Boy. I looked them up after I got home and found that they are well regarded games in the GB library.

IMG_1389.JPG.f5c20b17bef3f801a701e92edf899c3c.JPG

As they should be.  Tetris alone is what helped the GameBoy be a huge success.

2 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Thanks!  I want some of those lol.  Light up my game room.

If you have stores nearby, I suggest you go ASAP to get them.  I found those in one store and I've not seen them in other Five Below stores.  I think they sell fast.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

47 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Lately, I've been adding to my Game Boy collection. What is it about handhelds? They're so cute and don't take up much storage space 🙂

I think I may have owned Motorcross Madness back in the day. For $5, I took another chance. Hopefully, I didn't hate it too much.

IMG_1441.JPG.2b27d598df6f5cad545a64b0fede20c3.JPG

Motorcross Madness is pretty much Excitebike.

I've honestly had too many recent additions to list them all. But two of them recently I got in yesterday and I'm quite happy to show them off! As some of you might know, I like some chip tune music and own a few CDs releases etc. Well, some of the chip tune artists also release their music on actual cartridges to be played in the actual hardware. Most of the ones I own are for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive and that is what came in yesterday. Two new album on cartridge releases to check out and add to my small unique section of the Ivory Tower Collections. I present the 2 releases from MikeyEldey!

Mikeyeldey95 is the latest release and as the name implies, the album is interactive and uses a windows95 like interface to navigate and interact with the cartridge. Very cool! Both cartridges feature some mini games and other fun surprises.
Mikeyeldey_music_carts.jpg.0ec725ad729985093b4f1ad505798bc9.jpg

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

On 7/1/2022 at 5:08 PM, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Motorcross Madness is pretty much Excitebike.

I looked up some play videos, and, yes it definitely looked the part.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:09 AM, RickR said:

PS3 games.  I've built up a collection of 33 games so far with very little cost.  This system seems to be in that "cheap" sweet spot of collecting right now.

PS3 and Xbox360 games are mostly very cheap and there are many excellent games. It's the console generation that I've spent the most time playing even to this day. 

I added a few more Game Boy games. The two JP games are repros with English translation. They looked interesting so wanted to give them a spin. I got the bottom 3 games for $5. Two are probably some cheap Chinese compilations but just got them out of curiosity. At some point, I'll probably get an Everdrive for the Game Boy.

IMG_1460.JPG.b0e30035c379f2461b92509688322e97.JPG

It's not very often I get to order a game but...

16572316135949052954546156420345.jpg.ea50f5ed2ad5e2c3a726b1f648f8930f.jpg

...chalk one up for the FC!  I have been hunting this pinball game down for decades.  That was the sole reason why I decided to get a Famicom.  I figured if I couldn't find a game I was after on the NES then maybe I could on the Famicom.  It is so far paying off.  However, our eastern friends I think are starting to realize how valuable those old FC games are.  Some are really expensive no matter what country they were made for.

On 6/21/2022 at 6:12 PM, TrekMD said:

I had a "handful" of items arrive over the past couple of weeks...

Sega_Genesis_(104a).jpg

Sega_Genesis_(106).jpg

PS2_(22).jpg

Pac-Man_Lights.jpg

Intellivision_(96).jpg

ColecoVision_(25).jpg

Atari_XEGS_(15).jpg

Atari_Jaguar_(73a).jpg

Atari_Jaguar_(75).jpg

Atari_7800_(47).jpg

Atari_5200_(35).jpg

Atari_2600_(149).jpg

Atari_2600_(148).jpg

Atari_2600_(147).jpg

Atari_Lynx_(44).jpg

I noticed one of your games here was Aztec Challenge.  I'd like to see screenshots of that one as I wonder if it is based off of the C64 version or one of the two Atari A8 versions.  

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

1 hour ago, RickR said:

A minor pickup, but it will be heartily consumed by me.  2010-era Playstation magazines!  My local library gives away old magazines for free.  I usually take only 1 or 2 to leave stuff for others.  But the librarian agreed---I'm probably the only patron that wants these 🙂

ps mags 001.JPG

I really like that Borderlands 2 cover!  Nice find!

1 hour ago, RickR said:

A minor pickup, but it will be heartily consumed by me.  2010-era Playstation magazines!  My local library gives away old magazines for free.  I usually take only 1 or 2 to leave stuff for others.  But the librarian agreed---I'm probably the only patron that wants these 🙂

Neat! I never read the official PlayStation magazine and only read PSX and another that I can't remember. Reading magazines were such a fun experience--if only they were easy to store and didn't take up so much space. PDFs are nice but of course not the same.