Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

On 1/24/2022 at 7:59 PM, Clint Thompson said:

I'm still determined to pick up an XEGS but transported this brand new 130XE and (XEGS Joypad 😉 ) from 1987 right here into the future!

xestuff.jpg.8f78e98b5d86c740d0f9c05809e4df69.jpg

That's really sweet!  I'm on the hunt for a 65XE myself. I like my XEGS but it can be cumbersome to setup sometimes just for a few minutes of play time.  I also need to work on my A8 cart collection.  I have very few but I do use an SIO2SD device.  Its nice.  Cool to see new ones are still out there.

We went to the SoCal Gaming Expo last Saturday. I didn't find a whole lot that I was looking for amongst the vendors and I was dumbstruck at some of the pricing.  Especially for boxed consoles and N.A. Saturn games.

The worst offender was a beat to hell loose Jag/CD combo with a standard controller for the bargain price of $1,500! I'm glad that I got into retro when I did!

Anyway, not all was lost. One import only vendor was selling Saturn imports for reasonable prices. I picked up two commons, sealed for $15 ea. Virtual On and Virtua Fighter Kids.

20220304_075547~3.jpg

I'm glad you found something!

I've decided to skip the Portland retro-gaming swap-meet this weekend.  I'm sure the prices won't be as high as you mentioned, but I'm just not in the mood and I don't think there is anything I want or need.  Paying to get in and paying to park are a couple of disincentives too, although those prices aren't bad either.  I guess I'm just really not feeling it. 

"OLD FART ALERT!"  I do feel bad about it. 

3 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I've never been to a gaming event but have wanted to attend the one Missouri has...or used to have before COVID.  It would be neat to see what I could find there.  I'd most likely be after Famicom games.

They'll be back, don't worry!  If Portland and SoCal have opened the doors after the pandemic, all other areas will follow suit.  And it makes sense for you if you have a system you are openly collecting for.  I kind of envy that situation, yet I don't want to be in that position right now.  It's time to focus on playing all that I have and getting rid of the systems I don't touch. 

21 hours ago, RickR said:

Next up for sale from me on ebay will be:  Atari 8-bit computers.  I have too many.  Probably the 800 and an XEGS need to go.   Also my Atari ST.  I never touch it and I'd rather play with the Amiga. 

Oh... a XEGs you say? Hmmm....

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

New family member.  From a Goodwill in Wisconsin. Other than a crack in the case, which really is not bad, it looks like new.  Not a scratch on it and it's complete. PlayStation games have always been hard for me to find in decent condition so this was an extremely nice pick up for me. This was an EBAY find.

IMG_20220321_141326.jpg

IMG_20220321_141344.jpg

3 hours ago, RickR said:

NFS-Hot Pursuit 2 on XBOX is one of my favorite racing games of all time.  Nice pickup for $1!

I had a NFS on my Windows 98 computer many moons ago but I could not tell you which one it was.  This one I've never played so I'm looking forward to it.  I didn't see any sign up cards in this one 😉

Recent pickups from the last two days. I gave away most of my 7800 retrogameboyz pads with the 7800s I gave for Christmas gifts. So I got another, picked up operation wolf for a few dollars and got a good deal on 2 Jaguar games I've been wanting for a few years. Feeling good. 

16480837126222555101512411200163.jpg.e71cb4cf4cbf5651e67e7fbbfdb81558.jpg

:pole_position_blimp: Watch 7800 Pro Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheAtariNetwork

Allied record exchange, a store that I primarily go to for records, not video games, had a bunch of Jaguar carts for some reason. The prices weren't bad at all either. I think it's the first time I saw Jaguar stuff in the wild in at least 5 years, probably more. I have most of what I want but they also had Zool 2, Bubsy, Theme Park, Club Drive, and Kasumi Ninja.  They'll be a nice find for another local collector I hope. 

:pole_position_blimp: Watch 7800 Pro Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheAtariNetwork