Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

Super Mario Bros. 3 is a birthday gift from my son and his girlfriend. They thought I had an NES, but I don't. I told my wife that I now have a reason to get an NES 🙂

The others arrived today from three different sellers. I've so far held back from collecting many Atari computer games but I have a soft spot for Atari releases especially the pre-silver box older games and their box art. 

IMG_0542.jpeg.2d6ca64187c0e0c036aec05153c08ac3.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg.aacba4ab5f08d586d37ec429df31fe30.jpeg

IMG_0551.jpeg.4ad2a25d9e751e6d67fbfab0a94df1a2.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg.01ca478d57eb4c34277658b44520d296.jpeg

Edited by socrates63

I picked these up earlier today from a local gamer/reseller. He ran a sale in the local FB group last week.

The DS library has so many interesting games beyond the obvious/popular ones. In that way, it reminds me of the PS2 library. I had Broken Sword on my wishlist for a long time and found it in the wild a few times but always passed on it. I finally got it because the price was good. I know I have the game for the computer, but I haven't played it yet. Since I've been into handheld gaming lately, I think the DS version may be my first time playing it. The other DS games all received good reviews and they were inexpensive--my favorite kind of game.

Tetris 2, on the other hand, is not so well regarded from what I've read. However, it was an opportunity to add an inexpensive CIB Game Boy game to the collection, so I grabbed it although I already had the loose cartridge.

IMG_0556.jpeg.2797cd3db67b6ff55392aaa76c075ffb.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg.5065d3afdacfe5435144e691ddc8e91c.jpeg

Mail Order Monsters -- my latest addition to my EA folio collection.

My favorite top games for the Atari 400/800 are filled with Electronic Arts' earlier games -- M.U.L.E., Archon, Seven Cities of Gold, One on One. Because of those sentiments, I started collecting other EA games and products released in the folio style packaging. I have around 18 or 19 (photo below). Other companies were also releasing their product in similar folio packaging, and I've picked up a few of those as well.

353051442_7181398958543845_4409215702580765082_n.jpg.2b095e9198fbb998df19e8cdcfa34e31.jpg

IMG_0604.jpeg.16e4f3c47906e8a13e27caac82b6a3e2.jpeg

This is a pickup and a PSA. Atari and developer Grapite Lab released a free demo version of their upcoming title Mr. Run & Jump on Steam. You get access to the first world of the game; three levels & a "boss." The Steam demo is available through July 3.

I definitely recommend checking it out. It's a very hard but super fun precision platformer. I hope we see more IP like this from Atari.

Here's a quick gameplay only video. I'm playing as "Ms. Run & Jump."

I met up with a local gamer to buy the DS games. Since it was on the way back home, I took a slight detour to visit a store run by a local gamer/reseller turned brick-n-mortar business dude.

I picked up a loose Raiders of the Lost Ark because in the near future, I plan to buy the cartridge display case for it. I didn't want to use the one in the box that's in my collection.

IMG_0671.jpeg.37f2d06694e296457c713a3e69b937d9.jpeg

IMG_0670.jpeg.fa01129c3f9d26a79b536f8758b9dbf3.jpeg

Mail call -- I'm sure many who grew up with the Atari 2600 will share my sentiment that Activision was an amazing company. Their games wowed me as a kid and showed off what was possible with the 2600 in the hands of creative and talented developers. When I started collecting for the 2600, my first goal was to collect all Activision games for the 2600.

This weekend, that goal was accomplished with the addition of Cosmic Commuter. I was resigned to having CC as my lone cartridge only Activision game in my collection because a CIB copy is difficult to find and even more difficult to find for a reasonable price. A collector/reseller who I've bought from before reached out to tell me that he was downsizing his collection of rare items. This copy came from his collection.

Over the past few years, I also bought Activision repro patches (the first Achievement/Platinum in gaming?). Some are for games that never had official patches. Activision mailed a patch if you achieved a certain score in the game and mailed in a photo of the TV. I believe I shared them here before.

Also shown are a couple of repro Activision game cartridges (Kabobber, Hard Head). I believe these are prototypes and were never released.

So celebrate with me this milestone in my collecting 🎉🥳🍻

I will add this one caveat. This collection is complete only for North America. Activision released Fighter Pilot in the EU, and I don't have that. However, I do have Tomcat: The F-14 Fighting Simluator by Absolute, and Fighter Pilot is a rebranding of that game.

IMG_0701.jpeg.d66efe1b6882efe26ced210adfe44d82.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg.d50b9032466ae032ba9850e520b32d6a.jpeg

15 hours ago, RickR said:

An orig Evercade (with 3 carts) and 4 extra carts...plus a bunch of cool extras.  Purchased from Chris the AtariCreep.  Creepin' it real. 

Evercade 002.JPG

Evercade 001.JPG

Noce score. Let us know what you think of the OG Evercade. The Lynx Collections are two of my favorite carts.

17 hours ago, RickR said:

An orig Evercade (with 3 carts) and 4 extra carts...plus a bunch of cool extras.  Purchased from Chris the AtariCreep.  Creepin' it real. 

Nice!!  For all the hate it got, I never ran into any issue with the OG Evercade - sufficient battery life and always ready to pick up and play!

Evidently there's an Evercade club on this site that went dormant at some point?