Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

On 7/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, Smell Dawg said:

Another goody showed up yesterday:
20230726_233600801_iOS.jpg.d2f6507c222ad46e505630c7e1f3dfc4.jpg

Yoooo boxed Spider Fighter! That was one of my first Activision games, I'm always up for some Spider Fighter!

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

Here are my latest arrivals...several inspired by a certain video I posted recently....

Atari7800GDMegaAdapter.jpg.86388d415f4892b20145907f1be8ff7d.jpg

That 7800 Game Drive looks pretty awesome! I hope it's a good experience.

58 minutes ago, RickR said:

Tip:  Join the Stone Age Gamer Discord.  They give advance notice when stock will be available 🙂 

I'm not doing the GameDrive myself as I've been so happy with the Concerto (with POKEY added).  But I'm interested to know how it works!

I stopped using Discord.  Just don't have the time to be on there.  But thanks for the advise.  🙂

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

13 hours ago, RickR said:

Game Drive!  You and @CrossBow will have to let us know what you think!

And really nice other stuff too.  I should buy that McDonald's game for Genesis too!

And mine arrived yesterday!

7800GD_1.jpg.7c792ad957558a87c19fae74c99bc354.jpg

7800GD_2.jpg.1a00a86bc197a4966e7e155c160062f1.jpg

I was messing around with it quite a bit last night (I should have been doing other stuff...but...ehh). And it isn't perfect by any means, but it is right up there with my Dragon Fly on what it can do currently and since it can play Rikki & Vikki with full audio, it does have the DF beat in that regard. But ONLY that regard.

Covox audio isn't working currently on the 7800GD and will have to be addressed in future FW updates. Some games have issues playing on the 7800GD, and the AV out is pretty picky on what will or won't work from it at the current time. There will be a hardware revision of the 7800GD to address the AV output stuff. Likely the next batch of them will have that in place.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

20230801_013604327_iOS.jpg.64920b6733128fad6625f32b7ba63d83.jpg

A few more arrivals.  I had Superman and Enduro back in the day, so those were definitely familiar experiences.  I'm having a blast with Seaquest, and haven't tried Space Shuttle just yet, though I'm looking forward to it!  The interview posted to Atarimania.com is what piqued the interest in it!!

Star Raiders, my previous pickup, has been rough for me.  Think a how-to video is in order for that one 😅

Seaquest is a fun game.  Space Shuttle is a pretty impressive shuttle simulation for the 2600.  Enduro has to be the best driving game on the 2600.  I remember playing to get the patch back then.  It is one of the patches I was able to get and I still have it. 🙂

3 hours ago, Smell Dawg said:

Ooooh ahhh looking all nice and new! It’ll be a while before my preordered copies get to me, methinks. Tried any out yet??

Where did you order them from?  They were just released, so you should not be waiting long for them.

During my 15 day hospital stay, I ordered a bunch of games. Here's a batch from Repentless Video Games. I just love the quality of the label and workmanship from RVG. They're on par with AtariAge cartridges and official Atari cartridges from back in the day (in my opinion).

With the addition of Bloody Human Freeway and Venetian Blinds, I think I have cartridges of all the Activision unreleased roms--maybe there are more but I dunno.

Just based on the cartridge label alone, I had to have Rescue the Princess. I assume this is a hack of Princess Rescue which I bought several years ago. I'm always game for hacks involving Space Invaders or Pac-Man.

IMG_0871.jpeg.8a342a3cde69c5911926df9b3761363d.jpeg

IMG_0872.jpeg.b9b3a99911cf968b8591d386b7353160.jpeg