Squad Challenge - Centipede (Atari 7800)

Justin

5 hours ago, RickR said:

Played this time on a real 7800 with a Tac-2 joystick.  I think I prefer the PS1 pad, as holding down these old joystick buttons really hurts my hand!!

PXL_20230907_233451193.jpg

That controller looks more comfortable than the original standard equipment joystick.  Try a Genesis controller if you have one.

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations RickR!

Congratulations to @Marco1019 on another incredible victory! Squad Legend Marco takes the top spot in our Final Standings with an outstanding score of 43,669 points. Incredible! @socrates63 is back in action and hot on Marco's tail, closing out in 2nd with an absolutely stellar 42,042 points! @Atari 5200 Guy fought valiantly for 3rd Place and takes it with 32,804 points. "The Mayor" @greenween comes in with 26,969 points to take 4th, and "The Don" @RickR takes 5th Place in our Final Standings with a cool 18,463 points. Squad Challenge newcomer and VCS Legend @Mockduck scored 15,704 points to take 6th Place on the board. @Mockduck receives an asterisk* next to his name in the Final Standings as he posted his 7800 Centipede score in the Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge for Centipede: Recharged - but Mockduck posted his score on time and played in good faith, and we want to acknowledge his gamesmanship and be sure his 7800 Centipede score is included with the rest of ours. Welcome to High Score Squad @Mockduck! We also welcome back once again recent Squad Challenge newcomer @Smell Dawg who takes 7th Place with a strong showing of 15,625 points. @TrekMD beams up with 11,370 points, taking 8th Place, and VCS Guru @Sabertooth fought a fierce battle, taking 9th Place with 10,470 points.

We had a great Double Feature this month with the Atari 7800 and the VCS! As always I'd like to encourage the legendary @Marco1019 to  post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Congratulations once again to Marco for his BIG WIN, and I want to thank both @Gianna for nominating this game, as well as @Sabertooth for hosting the other end of this Double Feature in Club VCS!

👉 Be sure to join Club VCS this month to participate in our Recharged Squad Challenges for the new Atari VCS!

COMING UP NEXT IN HIGH SCORE SQUAD: Our next Squad Challenge is R-TYPE for the Sega Master System. Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_7800_centipede.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

2 hours ago, Justin said:

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations RickR!

Congratulations to @Marco1019 on another incredible victory! Squad Legend Marco takes the top spot in our Final Standings with an outstanding score of 43,669 points. Incredible! @socrates63 is back in action and hot on Marco's tail, closing out in 2nd with an absolutely stellar 42,042 points! @Atari 5200 Guy fought valiantly for 3rd Place and takes it with 32,804 points. "The Mayor" @greenween comes in with 26,969 points to take 4th, and "The Don" @RickR takes 5th Place in our Final Standings with a cool 18,463 points. Squad Challenge newcomer and VCS Legend @Mockduck scored 15,704 points to take 6th Place on the board. @Mockduck receives an asterisk* next to his name in the Final Standings as he posted his 7800 Centipede score in the Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge for Centipede: Recharged - but Mockduck posted his score on time and played in good faith, and we want to acknowledge his gamesmanship and be sure his 7800 Centipede score is included with the rest of ours. Welcome to High Score Squad @Mockduck! We also welcome back once again recent Squad Challenge newcomer @Smell Dawg who takes 7th Place with a strong showing of 15,625 points. @TrekMD beams up with 11,370 points, taking 8th Place, and VCS Guru @Sabertooth fought a fierce battle, taking 9th Place with 10,470 points.

We had a great Double Feature this month with the Atari 7800 and the VCS! As always I'd like to encourage the legendary @Marco1019 to  post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Congratulations once again to Marco for his BIG WIN, and I want to thank both @Gianna for nominating this game, as well as @Sabertooth for hosting the other end of this Double Feature in Club VCS!

👉 Be sure to join Club VCS this month to participate in our Recharged Squad Challenges for the new Atari VCS!

COMING UP NEXT IN HIGH SCORE SQUAD: Our next Squad Challenge is R-TYPE for the Sega Master System. Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_7800_centipede.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Thank you, @Justin, for your very kind words. Thanks to @RickR& @TrekMDfor their shoutouts as well. These Squad Challenges continue to be fun and are always a welcome break from the everyday. It's nice to be able to get back to them.

I didn't play R-Type much back in the day so I will skip the October challenge. I would like to jump back into Club VCS very soon.

Congrats @Marco1019 and to the rest of the participants of the High Score Challenge! I am happy to have been taking part in the I/O high score challenge the past few months. I've been so busy that if it hasn't been for the I/O high score challenges, I'm not sure if I would have played video games at all. It's been really fun playing games for Atari consoles.

This was fun and I discovered just how tough Centipede on the 7800 could be.  Since I played it a lot on the 5200 back in the day I don’t play it much on the 7800.  I have it just to have it should I ever get the urge to play it.  But this was a fun one.  Too bad @Gianna didn’t join in.  

I might have to sit the other one out as much as I’d love to play it.  I’ll try to join in.