Stranger Things - GREAT new show!

Rowsdower70

post-1-0-97697100-1469170026_thumb.jpg

We watched Episode 1 last night and we were both blown away!   The show takes you right back to 1983 and has the feel of something like Super Eight or the Goonies.
Winona Ryder and Matthew Modine are the lead actors, but the kids are the stars.   
Fantastic!  Highly Recommended!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this show. If Atari I/O had a deal with Netflix to develop a new show Stranger Things would have been the result. They  have pulled off the look and feel of 1983 so well it's uncanny. There are definitely huge influences from E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Halloween, Stephen King novels and Stephen Spielberg movies of the time period, along with some X-Files mixed in with many, many other great classics! I can't speak highly enough of this show.

:mac_alert: 

I was thinking of creating a discussion thread for each episode of Stranger Things. This would let us really dig into the mystery and experience of each chapter as a community while keeping things spoiler free for those who haven't watched beyond that point. That may seem like overkill, but this show is so good I'm anticipating a huge following of this show among Atari I/O members!

Stranger_Things_Mike_11_Atari.jpg

Awesome post Rows! This show looks really, really good. I plan on starting it Friday night and have been looking forward to it all week. I've been hearing great things about it from friends! Popcorn and snacks will be in the mix. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

:mac_alert: 

I was thinking of creating a discussion thread for each episode of Stranger Things. This would let us really dig into the mystery and experience of each chapter as a community while keeping things spoiler free for those who haven't watched beyond that point. That may seem like overkill, but this show is so good I'm anticipating a huge following of this show among Atari I/O members!

attachicon.gifStranger_Things_Mike_11_Atari.jpg

If it's that good I think that's a cool idea and I'm definitely on board to contributing to that conversation. Maybe post one episode review a day for 8 days? It would be too much though if we had new threads for every episode of The Walking Dead, Game Of Thrones, etc.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

OK this made me lol

post-15-0-85491000-1473055331.jpg

This is cool, for more interesting tributes check out Butcher Billy on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ButcherBilly/?fref=nf

post-15-0-44848100-1473055341_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-43303400-1473057696_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-94673400-1473057703_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-97588800-1473057707_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-01952400-1473057710_thumb.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

saw this on FB.......

post-52-0-06010600-1473097730_thumb.jpg

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne