Storm's Giveaway - THE PICKS!

StormSurge

14 minutes ago, Control Issues said:

BTW... either there's been lots of picks being traded or the list from the first post has been jumbled a bit during editing...  seems like there's lots of doubles and maybe some missing... 

This is a snake style draft, meaning when a round is over, the next round starts in reverse order. That's why the list looks weird. For instance, the last picker of round 1 will be the first picker in round 2, getting back-to-back picks. This helps even things out so your not stuck in the same position each round.

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

3 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

This is a snake style draft, meaning when a round is over, the next round start in reverse order. That's why the list looks weird. For instance, the last picker of round 1 will be the first picker in round 2, getting back-to-back picks. This helps even things out so your not stuck in the same position each round.

That is what I thought. That is actually a cool way of doing it. That way, everybody gets a chance in the rounds.

16 minutes ago, Control Issues said:

BTW... either there's been lots of picks being traded or the list from the first post has been jumbled a bit during editing...  seems like there's lots of doubles and maybe some missing... 

6 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

This is a snake style draft, meaning when a round is over, the next round start in reverse order. That's why the list looks weird. For instance, the last picker of round 1 will be the first picker in round 2, getting back-to-back picks. This helps even things out so your not stuck in the same position each round.

NSG is correct.

The 2nd round is in the inverse of the first round & those two rounds repeat. I just copied & pasted the after I typed out the first two rounds & I don't think I skipped anyone.

2 minutes ago, Control Issues said:

Cool!  Never heard of such a thing, but I don't participate in many drafts.  lol  thanks!

That's the standard way fantasy sports leagues drafts, but personally, I'm not a fan. I prefer auctions for many reasons, but that wouldn't work in this situation. 🤓

The standard snake draft seemed to be the most fair way to accomplish this draft.

Snake Draft Definition

After BlackCatz picks, here's the next few:

@Willie!, then @greenween, followed by @Control Issues, @GRay Defender & @Mr Toon

I'll be off the grid for a few hours, so play nicely & try to keep track on your own until I can update everything. 

And keep going as long as you can! Just refer to the order at the top of the thread.

1 hour ago, nosweargamer said:

This is a snake style draft, meaning when a round is over, the next round starts in reverse order. That's why the list looks weird. For instance, the last picker of round 1 will be the first picker in round 2, getting back-to-back picks. This helps even things out so your not stuck in the same position each round.

Kinda how it's done in the beginning of "Settlers of Catan" as well https://www.catan.com/game/catan

10 minutes ago, Atari Creep said:

NICE!!!!!! I was debating on that one but waited for fate to tell me if I were worthy enough. LOL Thats code for I was not sure if I wanted a 2nd INTV. 

Same... but I've already got two Intellivisions and I'm not really one to get something just because it's a variation.