Hello From Ohio

1Littlebeast

5 hours ago, 1Littlebeast said:

@nosweargamer solid choice ive always had fun playing TMNT. @HDN idk if i have ever played Crystal Castles ill have to check it out. 

There is a 2600 port if Crystal Castles you can probably get for cheap someplace. It's OK, but you really need to find a physical arcade cabinet in order to truly appreciate it. It uses a trak ball and no emulator can do it justice! My family and I went to stay at a hotel in Door County, WI last year and they had a cab. Had a blast getting the high score. We went back this January and it was still there! I played before on XBOX but never much cared for it until I used the trak ball.

image.jpg.6c260a323eeab091e6ee53865289663e.jpg

11 hours ago, 1Littlebeast said:

Hello everyone Glad to be apart of Atari.io Huge retro and current gen nerd 😃. What's Everyone favorite Arcade to play?  Mines gotta be Tapper whenever i go to the Barcades i make it a mission to play it. 

Welcome to the I/O @1Littlebeast! Every time I see a mention of Ohio, I can't but play the theme song from WKRP in Cincinnati in my head 🎶🎶🎵 🙂 

I wish there was a barcade near by but unfortunately not. My favorite arcade games that I can't pass by are Asteroids, Galaga, Robotron, Defender. If I see one of those, I have to play.

@HDN I found the Atari 2600 version pretty cheap i will defiantly have to add it to my list of pickups. @socrates63 😂 WRKP There is some good barcades near me Galaga is always a good one. @TrekMD Glad to be here. @RickR I love Tron if i remember correctly it had the transparent control stick on top of the backlights i have always loved the transparent controllers and consoles etc just seeing them tick as you play it always has seemed cool to me.

8 hours ago, 1Littlebeast said:

@HDN I found the Atari 2600 version pretty cheap i will defiantly have to add it to my list of pickups

Great! I need the physical cart for that, too. I have emulated it, but something tells me that like many other classic Atari games like Galaxian, it is much better on real hardware with the OG 2600 controller. It is a decent port and very impressive for the system, but do find a real arcade cab someday!

Welcome to Atari I/O @1Littlebeast.  You'll love it here.  Favorite arcade game?  Gee...you had to play that card?  Ummm...lemme think.  I have two actually each from different eras.  Pre-crash I'd have to pick Galaxian.  Post-crash has to be OutRun.  Gyruss is good, too.  Gotta love the music in that one.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:00 AM, 1Littlebeast said:

Hello everyone Glad to be apart of Atari.io Huge retro and current gen nerd 😃. What's Everyone favorite Arcade to play?  Mines gotta be Tapper whenever i go to the Barcades i make it a mission to play it. 

WELCOME to Atari I/O @1Littlebeast it's great to have you join us!! I hope you enjoy your time here in the forums! If you have any questions or need anything, I am always around to help so feel free to PM me anytime for any reason. My favorite arcade game to play has to be RoadBlasters in the sit-down cabinet. I can play that game endlessly.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:21 PM, HDN said:

There is a 2600 port if Crystal Castles you can probably get for cheap someplace. It's OK, but you really need to find a physical arcade cabinet in order to truly appreciate it. It uses a trak ball and no emulator can do it justice! My family and I went to stay at a hotel in Door County, WI last year and they had a cab. Had a blast getting the high score. We went back this January and it was still there! I played before on XBOX but never much cared for it until I used the trak ball.

image.jpg.6c260a323eeab091e6ee53865289663e.jpg

There are also XEGS and ST computer ports of "Crystal Castles." I have three Atari home versions of "Crystal Castles." I have them for A2600, XEGS, and ST. The ST computer version looks the best out of the three, but HDN is right about one thing. To experience it the best way possible, experience it on the arcade. The arcade is also extremely difficult to play. It is the most difficult of the versions of the game, but definitely very well programmed and fun.

Edited by DegasElite