Squad Challenge - Wrecking Crew (NES)

Justin

Hey All! Rich gets a package! He talks about that, and gives some timely thanks for that, as well as tells everyone about some other cool stuff! Special thanks again to Chris The Atari Creep, it was an honor for us to help out!

Then... It's High Score Squad time again! This time, it's Wrecking Crew for the NES! Can Rich put up a good score? Check it out and hit up the comments!

Thanks as always for watching and we'll see you next time!

FINALLY got some time to just sit and play. This is my first go at this game and I have to say I genuinely had fun here. Old school sitting in my room with a pb&j on a cold rainy day playing a game kind of fun. 

Emulating using OpenEmu and a USB game pad.

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:51 PM, Justin said:

Is that Mario? Is it just a construction worker?

The game has text that says "Mario" and "Luigi".  Example:  "Mario Start" when you start a life.   It's definitely Mario. 

I think this is prime Mario.  You know, when he isn't forced to rescue Pauline or the princess or whatever.  Dude is just earning a living tearing down stuff. 

Not a big fan of this one, but of course these high score challenges do help make these games better. Honestly I'm not a big fan of most of the Black Box games. I think it's a good thing Super Mario was one of them. Without that game, I wonder if the NES would have still succeeded.

1556093156_20201008_1447052.jpg.9f9b539bc267dd922cb2189d421e5653.jpg

Fun Fact: this is one of the 10 NES games Nintendo gave to early 3DS owners when they decided to drop the price S100. They also gave 10 gba games too.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I rented this game way back in 1987-88 and it was actually one of my least favorites ... out of the collection of games to be rented.  I have never had it or owned it and I only had the game for 3 days each time I rented it which was not often.  I didn't get to spend much time on the game then so I moved on.  I'll have to get an NES emulator and give this a try again.  I'm going to have to track this one down.  I thought it was on my NES Mini but, no, it's not 😞 

Tried again.  This game is more fun than I originally thought.  But that darn other guy kept knocking out ladders I needed.

IMG_20201009_161001.jpg.5521a6ff28686d2231958963f1d2b32d.jpg

This is one game I'd love to have...but on a Famicom with the tape drive so I can make levels to share with others.

I've been playing on FCEUX emulator and a 360 controller.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

On 10/5/2020 at 7:44 PM, Sabertooth said:

Has anyone beat Phase 18? I cannot figure it out. 

I was able to get past that one by first going to the top and knocking out the walls (along with Spike, who is such a jerk), then detonating one of the upper bombs at just the right time to send all but one of the Gotchawrenches into the trap at the bottom. After that, it was a matter of taking out the lower ladders one at a time while avoiding the one remaining relevant enemy.