Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

8 hours ago, RickR said:

Well I'd say you are the perfect candidate to try a smart watch, as adding apps is what they do.  No CRT monitor required.

I'm wearing that "new-to-me" Fitbit today, and I've added a fancy clock app, and weather app.  I'm not sure what else to do.  It's keeping track of my steps and heart rate, which is nice.  I'll have to see how long the battery lasts before it needs a charge.  It says it also tracks your sleep quality. 

You know, I've looked at those watches and three major things have always held me back, other than the fact that my watch is still working fine.

1) They require Bluetooth pairing with your smartphone - But so does my car, (for music & Waze) so there would always be a conflict.

2) Most of those watches look cheap and some of the no name cheap ones from China come with spyware embedded.

3) They require constant recharging!  This is the biggest problem for me, I'm used to one battery lasting five years. 

Now if you know of a classy looking gold and silver model with a metal band for under $300.00, I'd be interested at looking with no guarantees of buying due to numbers 1 & 3 on my list of reasons I've not purchased yet.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Your reasons are sound and I completely understand.  It requires a shift in thinking.  Here's my observations after a day:

• The "smart" features seems dumb to me.  Everything here -- it's just as easy to use your phone.  I think it helps a little while driving (who texted me? why did my phone buzz?)
  • The "health" features are where this thing shines.  Heart rate, # of steps, # of flights of stairs, etc.  That's good info if one is trying to exercise more.  Still, it's important not to get too concerned (oh my god, my heart rate is too high!)  It can cause anxiety.  I will investigate if this thing can notify me if things look out of whack....like "let me know if my heart rate suddenly spikes for a prolonged period".  That would be really nice for us older vintage people. 
  • Battery life on mine is excellent.  After one day, I'm at 89%.  I'd guess it will last a week.  It would be easy enough to charge at night just like my cell phone. 
  • I really love how you can change the face.  Analog or digital?  Star Trek?  Kitties?  There's a lot of fun choices and you can change as often as you like.
  • It is comfortable to wear.  Very easy to change the band too, and mine came with about 6 different colors. 
  • There isn't any bluetooth conflict.  My phone connects to both car and watch just fine.  The watch is more of a "remote control" and doesn't seem to interfere with the car at all. 

I'm going to wear it for a week and then decide if I like it or not. 

PS - I'm at 3200 steps for the day and it's only 1:15pm.  Christmas is a busy day! 

That's an awesome collection of movies!  I have several items to post.  Not all are new as some are just box upgrades.  In the case of the Vectrex game, it is a case upgrade.  The PCB had no case and I was finally able to get a case, modify it, and get a label on it. 

Vectrex_(78).jpg

Atari_2600_(134).jpg

Intellivision_(93).jpg

Atari_7800_(43).jpg

Atari_7800_(42).jpg

Atari_7800_(41).jpg

Atari_7800_(40).jpg

Atari_7800_(39).jpg

Atari_7800_(38).jpg

Atari_7800_(36).jpg

Atari_7800_(35).jpg

Atari_7800_(21).jpg

Atari_7800_(20).jpg

Atari_7800_(14).jpg

Atari_7800_(13).jpg

Atari_7800_(11).jpg

Atari_7800_(10).jpg

Atari_5200_(33).jpg

Atari_2600_(139).jpg

Intellivision_(92).jpg

Activision_Patches_(24).jpg

Sega_Dreamcast_(47).jpg

Sega_Dreamcast_(46).jpg

Evercade_VS_(1).jpg

Atari_Lynx_(41).jpg

Atari_5200_(24).jpg

Atari_5200_(18).jpg

Atari_5200_(12).jpg

Atari_2600_(138).jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

On 1/10/2022 at 9:10 PM, TrekMD said:

That's an awesome collection of movies!  I have several items to post.  Not all are new as some are just box upgrades.  In the case of the Vectrex game, it is a case upgrade.  The PCB had no case and I was finally able to get a case, modify it, and get a label on it. 

Vectrex_(78).jpg

Intellivision_(93).jpg

Atari_7800_(13).jpg

Atari_7800_(10).jpg

Sega_Dreamcast_(47).jpg

Atari_5200_(24).jpg

Wanted to ask about some of this...

Did you buy out someone's collection? I'm asking because I wasn't aware that anyone was willing to let those Anniversary 7800 carts go? I've got them as well and would never think to part with them so I'm curious if you already had the carts and just had Marc make you some boxes or ?

Have to give you thoughts on those DC games. I've looked at them but didn't pull the trigger yet. Although I do have Izzy and that one is really fun! It was kinda short as I got through the game in a few hours as I recall but still quite fun to play.

I tried to get one of those Astro-Grovers but wasn't able to at the time. Again, I assume you had the cart and had Marc make you a box?

That Diner is in really good shape! Congrats on that! I have it CIB but the box on mine isn't nearly as pristine. I think I like playing Diner more than BT too and it is one of my go to games on the Intellivision that I fire up when testing consoles.

Where did you get the case for your Jason vectrex multicart? I just got mine back in November but haven't even fired it up yet. I have it just stuck in a box out of the way for the time being.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

3 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

Wanted to ask about some of this...

Did you buy out someone's collection? I'm asking because I wasn't aware that anyone was willing to let those Anniversary 7800 carts go? I've got them as well and would never think to part with them so I'm curious if you already had the carts and just had Marc make you some boxes or ?

Have to give you thoughts on those DC games. I've looked at them but didn't pull the trigger yet. Although I do have Izzy and that one is really fun! It was kinda short as I got through the game in a few hours as I recall but still quite fun to play.

I tried to get one of those Astro-Grovers but wasn't able to at the time. Again, I assume you had the cart and had Marc make you a box?

That Diner is in really good shape! Congrats on that! I have it CIB but the box on mine isn't nearly as pristine. I think I like playing Diner more than BT too and it is one of my go to games on the Intellivision that I fire up when testing consoles.

Where did you get the case for your Jason vectrex multicart? I just got mine back in November but haven't even fired it up yet. I have it just stuck in a box out of the way for the time being.

@CrossBowHere are my replies...  😉

1.  I did not buy anyone's collection.  I already had the Anniversary 7800 carts but Marc now sells boxes for them, so I got them.  He sells them on Etsy.

2.  The DC games I just got, so I have not tried them yet.  I expect them to be fun based on videos of them I've seen.

3.  I actually have 2 Astro Grovers.  Neither had a box.  I got one box (for now) from Marc.  My carts are #33 and #50

4.  That Diner box is a repro box by Marc.  Mine is also CIB but the box looks like it went through a spin cycle in a dryer. 

5.  I bought several carts cases from Sean Kelly's site (http://www.vectrexmulti.com/).  A label design was posted on FB, so I downloaded it and printed it.  I'm trying to do the same thing for my Spudster's Revenge but the chip on it is too tall.  I wonder if anyone has made a modified cart shell that is taller.

I hope these help!

1 minute ago, RickR said:

Yes, and probably.  Do you have specifics on the height? 

I haven't taken measurements but it looks like it is just a few millimeters.  It would have to be on the area that gets the label.  The front section would stay the same.

3 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I haven't taken measurements but it looks like it is just a few millimeters.  It would have to be on the area that gets the label.  The front section would stay the same.

This is the one I printed.  I suppose I could try adding a piece of cardboard to the top of my Kopp cart chip and see if it still fits. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4756848

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

OK, cool. I'll get some measurements to see. It'd be cool to be able to get one printed that is tall enough to encase the PCB.  The chip is extra thick!

I've a new set of digital calipers. I assume Trek's cart would be the same as mine and you are only needing to know how thick the entire board setup if from the bottom of the PCB to the top of the chip he uses right?

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

5 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

I've a new set of digital calipers. I assume Trek's cart would be the same as mine and you are only needing to know how thick the entire board setup if from the bottom of the PCB to the top of the chip he uses right?

Yes.  If you could measure both carts (the Kopp cart and the Spudster) so I would know the additional space needed. 

Edited by RickR

7 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

What is the Spudster? I haven't got that one.

That's the cart that TredMD says is too tall to fit in his SKelley shell. 

I'm trying to do the same thing for my Spudster's Revenge but the chip on it is too tall.  I wonder if anyone has made a modified cart shell that is taller.

On 12/25/2021 at 1:16 PM, RickR said:

I'm going to wear it for a week and then decide if I like it or not. 

An update on my switch to a FitBit smartwatch. 

Remember how I said I prefer the old non-smart watches?  We'll, I've converted my thinking.  After a week, I've decided I really like the smart watch very much.  I'm not going back.  Some thoughts:

• Battery life - on mine is about 4 days.  I just charge it at night.  No issue. 
  • Changing the watch face.  I love this.  I can change it whenever I feel like it.  I have Star Trek now.  I may go Star Wars or something else later.  All free.
  • Health benefits -- I underestimated this.  I've been a lot more active since I started wearing this watch.  Try to get to 5000 steps per day.  I feel good! 
  • Heart rate monitor.  This part is pretty sweet.  I figure I can print out a graph and take it to my doc appointments.  My "standing heart rate" is 75.  Normal for a person my age.  But I'm going to try to get it lower by doing more aerobic exercises. 
  • Apps - I still don't really care about adding apps.  I've turned off all notifications. 

Your mileage may vary, but for me, this has been a very nice change. 

image.png.5f2f73473e6074e33cfeeaf515d91d52.pngH

1 hour ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

What is that dedicated recording device?

Yes!  I got it specifically for the 5200 High Score challenges.  It's a fantastic concept, hooks up to either composite or S-Video (UAV Mod) and outputs on HDMI.  It records directly to an SD card which you can transfer to the PC for editing.  HOWEVER, while it may be good for VCR's, it has an "issue" that I addressed in the review I made about it.  It's not a glowing review either, however I've decided to live with the issue.

Here is the review...

If you don't mind the distortion, you can buy one << HERE >>

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>