Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Day two of my garage sale odyssey:

Sadly, three games I had hoped to purchase today were gone when I got back. Metroid Prime, Skyward Sword, and an intriguing Inuyasha RPG for the PS2.

The Pitfall II and Saturn game were still available, though. As well as EyeToy Play for the PS2, and the blue Wiimote.

The PS2 Eye Toy doesn't get much love I've noticed. I got mine for $2 at GS back in 2008, and my girls loved Eye Toy Play 1 & 2.

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

CIB Video Olympics and 2 Keyboard Controllers (with 2 games).  The 2 games are "Codebreaker" and "Hunt & Score" (sounds like going to a bar on a Friday night -- reminds me of the Lynx Lounge Atari cocktail video!)

A few of these items have been placed into my "For Trade" store:  http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2698-rickrs-good-junk-shop/

post-41-0-97010000-1480714050_thumb.jpg

Not from a thrift store...purchased from a post in an Ebay group...

• Blackjack (manual and box).  I'll put the cart I have in here.  It's a gatefold box (which will be my first)
  • CIB Tanks Plus (also a gatefold!)
  • 3 Sears games.  I'm starting a Sears game collection to go with the Sears heavy sixer I have.  These three are in nice shape.

Tanks for reading.

post-41-0-30860700-1480819051_thumb.jpg

I just couldn't leave this VTech Learning Window to sit unwanted next to alarm clocks, junk cameras, and VCRs.  For being a toy computer from 1985, the thing is pretty amazing.  Dot matrix animated LCD display, accepts a voice module cartridge, runs additional cartridges (that come boxed with keyboard overlays).  It still works; takes six C batteries.

Anyone here into collecting these kinds of things?  I've got this and an original Sears Computron (with box and AC adapter) if someone has interest.

I didn't know until just now that the Computron was also a VTech product.  Cool.

27561036911_68ee6e30cf_c.jpg

I'm interested in the Sears Computron and/or this.  Please let me know what you'd like for it/them.

Thanks!

Visited a retro game store today, and they were having a Buy one/get one free sale, so I got all this for the low, low price of $19.85.

StarTropics, Time Lord, Space War, Quackshot, and Star Trek: The Next Generation: Echoes from the Past.

post-434-0-73723000-1482034258_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeeJ07

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

Just found out i cant play 3DS games on it though. My plan was to play smash Bros. Oh well. I can play GBA games on it so thats a big plus

Yeah the DS Lite is GBA and DS, but there aren't THAT many great ones on 3DS in my opinion, GBA is the library to have.    15 bucks boxed is a SUPER deal too!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Well I haven't posted anything I've gotten in a while, but here's 2 lots I nabbed from ShopGoodwill.com, all for around $50 shipped.
kcJcNqO.jpg85vW0oe.jpg

So I definitely needed Dig-Dug, Diner, and Decathalon for my collection, but the rest are tradeable if anyone needs them.

Super excited and I'm down to 18 on my INTV list! 

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

So i havent posted on here in a bit. This is what i have found over the past week or so. A ps2 slim (no power cord), another $5 xbox (im up to 3 now), a monopoly slots handheld game, some pacman cartoon, character the ps2 racing game and halo were $1 each.

The best one. I found this awesome simpsons trivia game. It was tapped uo and when i got home and opened it, there were 3 xbox 360 games in it (mm3, and 2 gta 4s

post-844-0-26319700-1484010657_thumb.jpg

Nice stuff!

I personally probably would have bought the Verbot.  It's something you need to like and play with though, as I think it would be really hard to re-sell if that was your intent.  It probably isn't worth the $40, but with that nice box and all pieces there...I would have just turned off my "reason-filter" and bought it. 

The new version of the Pac Man plug & play, and a very nice Canon digital camera.

You'll notice I buy digital cameras quite a bit.  I do this because I like to have a camera specifically for ebay auction sales.  I can get the settings just right for that purpose, and not have to mess with it for other camera situations.  If the ones I find don't work out for that purpose, I end up selling them for a pretty nice profit. 

I've found that Canon cameras are the very best.  Easy to use, nice quality pictures, usage of SD cards and AA batteries.  The older Powershot cameras won't work if the internal button cell is dead, so people dump perfectly fine cameras.  That was the case with this one.  A new button cell, and it seems to work perfectly now.  It was $4.  Would sell for $15 if I end up not liking it.

The Pac Man plug and play works great, and has a lot of really great arcade games.  Plus, I think it will look pretty cool as shelf-fodder. 

post-41-0-29915600-1485038779_thumb.jpg