Thrift Store Finds

RickR

RickR got lucky!

• A Rana disk drive for the Atari 8-bit computers.  The cover is not attached, which probably means it's broken.  Still....I drooled over these drives back in the 80's.  So sleek.  The LED display.  Higher density.  Even broken, it is welcome in my collection. 
  • A little box of floppy disks.  And three Atari computer books. 
  • A label-less Intv game that I didn't have.  A SMS game!  (lucky thing to find).  A complete DS game.

post-41-0-26646000-1488668687_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-18795400-1488668690_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-13972700-1488668692_thumb.jpg

RickR got lucky!

• A Rana disk drive for the Atari 8-bit computers.  The cover is not attached, which probably means it's broken.  Still....I drooled over these drives back in the 80's.  So sleek.  The LED display.  Higher density.  Even broken, it is welcome in my collection. 
  • A little box of floppy disks.  And three Atari computer books. 
  • A label-less Intv game that I didn't have.  A SMS game!  (lucky thing to find).  A complete DS game.

Buzz Bombers is a pretty cool game.   Good music. 

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

post-303-0-72882400-1492031320_thumb.jpg

Battleship was $1. (early 2000's version. Looks like all the pieces are there, just missing the instructions)

The Music Machine double VHS was 50 cents.

I had the original Music Machine album as a kid. It was a late 70's Christian children's album with great music and great art. I bought the tapes thinking I might dig out my VCR and copy it to DVD for me and the kids, but it seems the art is not as good as the record art and after some research it sounds like they didn't use much of the great, original music. Now I'm considering flipping it on eBay. Still, not bad for 50 cents. And yes, the original album inspired the insanely rare 2600 game. 

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

From Goodwill.

• Gamecube games found are an automatic "buy" for me.  They are getting more scarce.
  • Destruction Derby for PS1 - no idea if this is good or not...but racing and crashing are two of my favorite things...what could go wrong?  Is it wrong to assume that anything labeled with the green "Greatest Hits" is probably decent?
  • PS2 Defender.  No idea if it's good...but it's Defender and Eugene Jarvis appeared via The Force to tell me to buy it. 

post-41-0-44752000-1492573413_thumb.jpg

Edited by RickR