Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Slim pickins today.  Gamecube controllers are so hard to come by, I decided to grab this third party version anyways.  And I thought buying the Director's Cut of Star Trek: TMP would be a "Wise" decision. 

Star Trek TMP and Star Trek V are the only original Trek movies I don't have on DVD or Blu Ray. Have all six on VHS though!

Today was another good day. I went to goidwill and my friend who works there said she was happy to see me. They got some Nintendo games in. She pulls them out and i bought these all for $20. They also had a Ds case.

She told me to come back tomorrow she said she saw some NES games, but couldnt remember where. Finally i can play some sbes star wars!!

post-844-0-86015000-1501519141_thumb.jpg

Slim pickins today.  Gamecube controllers are so hard to come by, I decided to grab this third party version anyways.  And I thought buying the Director's Cut of Star Trek: TMP would be a "Wise" decision. 

That version of TMP is worth watching.  The editing and the updates to the special effects really help the movie's flow.  Don't get me wrong, it's not a fast paced story regardless, but it does flow better. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Here's something that seems to be a rare item. (Found it at Goodwill a few weeks back.)

post-326-0-46326500-1501615704_thumb.jpg

"Test Pilot" from Radio Shack. Can't find a year, but it might be from the early 90s? I think I remember seeing this in the old catalogs, but I could find hardly any reference to this on the internet. Not that great as either a game or a simulation (maybe it needed more testing?), but it has some interesting features. There's an LED on top that lights up at times as a warning, and the whole game vibrates when you start to go off the runway or crash.

Edited by RadioPoultry

Goodwill finds:

• I bought the minions case for $2 because I thought GBA carts would fit nicely, and indeed they do.
  • I bought the Spongebob tin ($1) for Gameboy carts, and they also fit perfectly.
  • Interesting (only to me) fact:  Gordon Ramsey has the same birthday as me.  Hell's Kitchen was $3.

post-41-0-37290000-1501903003_thumb.jpg

Edited by RickR

My recent acquisitions. None of them were really thrift store finds. Oh well.

Link's Awakening was a Facebook find for all of $11.

Advance Guardian Heroes was another Facebook find.

Dragon Quest V was from Gamestop.

Super Scribblenauts was a Wal Mart purchase. 20170726_120554.jpg

Link's Awakening is one of my favorite Zelda games, great pickup!

More good junk today:

• USB turntable was $9
  • Gamecube controller was $2
  • SMS game and PSP bowling game were $12 for both.  I bought this because I've never seen an SMS game on card before. 

FYI - That SMS card game is supposed to be the only one that won't work on a Power Base Converter & Sega Genesis combo. I'm curious if that is true or not.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

FYI - That SMS card game is supposed to be the only one that won't work on a Power Base Converter & Sega Genesis combo. I'm curious if that is true or not.

Untrue.  I have that setup (Genesis + Power Base Converter) and this game works fine.  I wonder if it glitches or something after a game starts or something.  But for now, it looks good. 

Untrue.  I have that setup (Genesis + Power Base Converter) and this game works fine.  I wonder if it glitches or something after a game starts or something.  But for now, it looks good. 

mb13.png?w=639&h=400

Link's Awakening is one of my favorite Zelda games, great pickup!

Yeah, I already have the GBC version, Link's Awakening DX, on the Virtual Console, but I've been wanting to get the actual physical releases of the various Zelda games. Their prices seem to be getting a bit steep for the original carts, though, so when I saw that one for the fairly reasonable price of $11, I decided I should definitely get it.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

Found these today at the thrift store. Everything was $1 so happy on that. The rug was $2.

Sadly this awesome thruft store i keep finding all my great stuff is closing august 29th. But i may have convinced them to.let me go look in the back on the last week. They tell me there are still mountains of stuff back there. Who knows what ill find!

post-844-0-44935500-1502296855_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-58678800-1502296937_thumb.jpg