nosweargamer

2600 Games Without Scores

A viewer recently made a comment alluding to the fact that almost all 2600 games have some sort of a scoring system. 
It got me thinking: What non-homebrew 2600 games have no scoring of any kind? (For this question, I would include timers in games as a way to keep score)

So far the only game I can think of is Adventure.

Edited by nosweargamer

Don't think it's as rare as we all may think.  I guess my example would be Crypts of Chaos and Strawberry Shortcake: Musical Match-ups.

Why no homebrew?  Is it too common on the new games us modern developers are making?

Edited by slobu

Don't think it's as rare as we all may think.  

My best guess is that less than 5% of the library would qualify, so it may depend on your definition of rare, but to me that would be pretty rare when over 95% of yours games have some form of scoring.

I guess my example would be Crypts of Chaos and Strawberry Shortcake: Musical Match-ups.

Crypts of Chaos does have scoring, but Strawberry Shortcake is a good one, although it target younger children and has a pseudo timer in some variations with the sun.

Why no homebrew?  Is it too common on the new games us modern developers are making?

I was just curious what games went against the grain during the original run of the VCS/2600.

So far, what I have is the following:

1. Adventure
  2. 3-D Tic-Tac Toe
  3. Checkers
  4. Dragonstomper
  5. Maze Craze
  6. Riddle of the Sphinx
  7. Strawberry Shortcake: Musical Match-Ups
  8. Swordquest Earthworld
  9. Swordquest Fireworld
  10. Swordquest Waterworld
  11. Video Checkers
  12. Video Chess

Let me know if you can think of any others, or if one of the above games does have a form of scoring.